<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to the BS lounge  

Am I the only one?

July 3 2012 at 5:54 PM
No score for this post
  (Login jablonsky70)
APBA V&H Regional Reps
from IP address 74.182.191.206

For an outfit that is supposed to improve things, I am sorely disappointed in the firm hired by the APBA. The website is not user friendly and the new Propeller is not near as good as it used to be. I am not sure how to help improve the situation or even if I am supposed to try. Do we just wait for things to get better? I don't like sounding as one with a negative attitude, but if you change something, isn't it supposed to get better?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Greg Isaac
(no login)

Re: Am I the only one?

No score for this post
July 3 2012, 7:11 PM 

One word, PATHETIC!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
John Harvey
(no login)

THe only one

No score for this post
July 3 2012, 7:49 PM 

Jay I agree, I don't need any recipies, just more info on what is going on WHICH WE USED TO HAVE................

(no login)

Re: THe only one

No score for this post
July 5 2012, 1:41 PM 

I don't know what you guys are complaining about....just got the latest issue in the mail...some real great cooking tips and recipes...HEY WAIT...isn't the Propeller supposed to cover BOAT RACING? What's up next month...how to wash your whites without getting that grey dungy look?

Pappy

RandyWold
(Login RandyWold)

Not the only One

No score for this post
July 5 2012, 10:31 PM 

If you saved the APBA document regarding the cost of APBA's Digital Transformation you will see why we were told our yearly membership fees were raised. Now I am wondering if the cost for printing and mailing the Propeller was $3000.00 a month and yearly membership fees for clubs and members were raised to cover the cost of this digital transformation (temporarily it says) than how much did this cost? Boy it must be expensive this digital transformation thing. Then there is the so-called "social site." Boy, that's really needed with all the other APBA informational sites. We're a captured audience.

Steve Balcer
(no login)

with hesitaion

No score for this post
July 6 2012, 6:28 AM 

Higher insurance added with hireing a marketing firm that sees the benifits of adding food to the promotional end of the sport. ????? hmmmm I kinda like it.

My thoughts.... Maybe have a pit cook off and use the recipies as a cooking contest and have the people judge for fun. There, turned it into a positive.

Have a nice day

paul reid
(no login)

food for thought

No score for this post
July 6 2012, 8:25 AM 

Steve:

A cast iron stomach rules the pot.

My son, the younger generation loves the presentation. But as with many in his generation, he didn' have time to read the content. Of course, if it was online, he would have been on it like glue.

Change is always a hard sell, your cookoff, sign me up for some of my Picton/St.Felicien recipes might add some flavor.

Paul

Steve Balcer
(no login)

Re: food for thought

No score for this post
July 6 2012, 1:18 PM 

Make it a beer or home brew contest LOL

Steve Balcer
(no login)

even better

No score for this post
July 7 2012, 6:21 AM 

A chili contest with spectater participation in judgeing on and off the course.

The way I would advertise it is

Watch the inboard hydro teams race on and off the course and dicide who has the most power watch and dicide for yourself witch motor and drivers have the best gas, witch ones just blow hot air and witch ones just blow smoke. Taste testing for chili at 7 pm judgeing at 8 pm.

There is the tie in with racing, food and spectater participation.

All in fun

Hey Paul In your travels have you ever come across a good race oilpan for a 241 hemi I might be looking for one or advise on putting one together.

paul reid
(no login)

Re: even better

No score for this post
July 7 2012, 12:20 PM 

Steve: I will keep my eyes open.

Paul

(no login)

Am I the only one?

No score for this post
July 10 2012, 2:27 PM 

Jay,

Count me along with the group that doesn't typically go on line to read the Propeller. And one who would prefer getting it in the mail each month.

That being said, the changes are a part of a long term plan that is being developed. That plan is not being geared to the long time members who used to just complain that the news was old and outdated in the Propeller. The changes are geared toward attracting NEW members (well under the age of 50) who can become the future of this organization. Lets face it, we (as a group) have not brought much new blood into APBA. Mark Wheeler (an econmics professor) has charted when it all comes to an end with the current rate of membership decline.

I have some reservations regarding the changes. And personally, I think Twitter is the stupidest thing ever invented. But that is the way of the world whether us old farts like it or not. To ignore it would be a fatal mistake

The question I like to ask is... what is the cost of doing nothing?

Mike Weber

Andy Mitchell
(no login)

No score for this post
July 10 2012, 3:06 PM 

I'm with you, Mike. If it was the old style people would still be complaining. APBA had to do something, and whether it's going to work still remains to be seen. However, the cost of doing nothing and staying at the staus quo will ultimately be greater.

YP

willy-t
(no login)

No score for this post
July 10 2012, 5:22 PM 

this is just the price of being phased out guys!

face it...like mike said we are now the "old farts"

add this to the many things we don't like....

cell phones
texting
smart phones
i-pads
computers
tweeting
tv remotes{having 5 different ones!}

the list goes on and on.....

but if you don't change, you get buried in the dust!

willy-t{once the kid with tthe long hair....now the conversvative old fart!}

Current Topic - Am I the only one?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to the BS lounge  

If you have something that you would like to share with the vintage & historic community that is NOT boat related, please feel free to post on this board.