free counter
free hit counter
WHL Fan's Forum
Greg Drinnan's Blog
I MEAN, WE GOT GUYS... (AMS Blog)
Annie Fowler: Red Light District(TCH AMS BLOG)
Yahoo CHL Blog

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index   

Playing with fire!

March 11 2012 at 8:24 PM
Leonardo  (Login Leonardo77)

Well here we are needing to win out the rest of the season to take the Scotty and we start Comrie in goal! Don't get me wrong...he is a great goalie for a 16 and will serve this club very well in the future. We have played him and he has improved his game a lot this season.
But, the fact is, Rimmer is the better goalie. He has played awesomely for us. We need the wins....why don't we play our BEST HAND! I understand Comrie got hung out to dry a bit tonight, but Rimmer did also at times and stood tall and made the saves.
Playing Comrie for another couple of games or not will not be making a difference in his development this season. I sure hope that in the play-offs we keep Rimmer in net unless we are at 3 games to zip.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
shazam27
(Login shazam27)

agreed

March 12 2012, 9:33 AM 

Yea I was surprised by that too...I mean, yea, he is good - but with less than a week to go in the season and playoffs looming? Glad Im not a coach at that level.... It would have been seen as a brilliant move had Comrie played well.

Respond to this message   
Richlandfan
(Login richlandfan)

Rimmer

March 12 2012, 11:49 AM 

Rimmer is playing really good, but I think part of his success is the fact that he hasn't had to play as many games as some of the other goaltenders in the league. I'm not convinced that Rimmer would have stopped the first two goals last night. Yea I will admit that the third one was a little weak, but the change was made to shame the team into playing better defense, rather than of weak goal-tending. After the first 5 min. of the game last night I already had the game won in my head. It seemed to be flowing so well. I think the team had to be feeling the same. It took a while to get there heads back in the game.

Respond to this message   
Fontana89
(Login Fontana89)

as a reminder

March 12 2012, 12:49 PM 

EC shut out in back to back nights this same team earlier this year.

Before the Hiller bashing starts Please re-read my first line above.....

Lets also say EC did not have the same effort in front of him as Rims did later in the game. I think the switch was good and EC deserved to take the brunt for 1 of the 3 goals. The team responded and that is what we needed to spark the comeback. He is going to be a very good tendy in this and the leagues above. Show some patience. Having said this I also expect to see Rimmer in the cage rather than EC in the playoffs.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Playing with fire!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index   
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This board is in no way affiliated with the Tri-City Americans Hockey Club and the views expressed here are not necessarily those of the Tri-City Americans or it's staff
Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums