free counter
free hit counter
WHL Fan's Forum
Greg Drinnan's Blog
I MEAN, WE GOT GUYS... (AMS Blog)
Annie Fowler: Red Light District(TCH AMS BLOG)
Yahoo CHL Blog

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index   

Excited for next season

June 29 2012 at 6:33 AM
Richlandfan  (Login richlandfan)

I know that we are losing a ton of our scoring power this season, but you have to be excited about where our defense is. We will in all likelihood be getting back 5 of our top 6 defensemen. Last year the Ams had the number 1 defense in the WHL allowing fewer goals than any other team. I thought our defense would be our weekness going into last season. I know you cant call last season a rebuilding season with so many 19 year olds, but going into the season we had a lot more questions than we do going into this season. Last season we had huge holes to fill in goaltender, and defense. Bob somehow got all of that turned around by the first of October and we never looked back. Bringing in Topping and Ryckman turned out to be huge pick ups for the Ams. I expect Rankin and Stromwell to have break out seasons this year and Fesser could really suprize some people.He quiatly had a very good season last year with limited ice time. I also am really excited to see if Mychan can start this season where he left off. He is that physical threat that the Ams never seem to have. I expect Bob to make 1 or 2 Offensive pick-ups before the season starts. Hopefully he can pull out some of that magic that he always seems to find in players who were underutilized on their teams.

PS does anyone know if we got anything from Kootenay for our Euro draft pick.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
deeznuts69
(Login deeznuts69)

yes

June 29 2012, 12:04 PM 

we got an 8th round bantam pick. not much but its better then nothing!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Excited for next season
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index   
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This board is in no way affiliated with the Tri-City Americans Hockey Club and the views expressed here are not necessarily those of the Tri-City Americans or it's staff
Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums