February 9 2011 at 8:15 PM
Bookmark 

What's it about? Who gets it?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bookmark

Re: OHL Qustionares?

February 9 2011, 8:25 PM 

indentifies player as draftable. does not say who gets what. asks what player is looking for ie school or ohl

Bookmark

February 9 2011, 8:27 PM 

Does it go to all players who are eligible?

Bookmark

February 9 2011, 8:28 PM 

there is nothing on there that says anything about other players just the one it is addressed to

Bookmark

February 9 2011, 9:28 PM 

how many kids get it?

Bookmark

February 9 2011, 9:37 PM 

ohl is only one with that answer

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 10:26 AM 

If it is the same as last year, all registered AAA minor midget players in Ontaro receive it.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 10:32 AM 

Not every AAA player gets it. On my son's GTHL team only 7 of the players received it. 3 received it about 4 weeks ago (they are highly ranked players), the balance received it this week.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 12:18 PM 

Not sure if same as last year but every player received the questionaire. Same with "draft list"...in previous years a draft list was posted on the ohl site a day or 2 before the draft...it contained approx 400 kids, it was good in a way because if you were not on that list you were not going to get drafted. That way you wouldnt sit in front of the screen and refresh every 10 seconds. Last year every minor midget player made the list they posted just before the draft...while it was nice to see your kids name on the OHL priority selection site alot of kids (and parents) were crushed when the name didn't show as selected....maybe some things have changed but this should have been explained at the Program of Excellence camps as it was for us 94 parents.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 12:38 PM 

Every player did not receive the email / questionairre this year. Only those on the OHL list did.

Unlike last year, any player can be drafted, you do not need to be on the OHL list.

They will not be posting the list of approved players this year.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 12:52 PM 

Are you saying that is year any player can be drafted?

Or last year, any player could be drafted?

Do players need to be approved by central scouting on some sort of priority list?

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 1:21 PM 

In past years a player had to appear on the OHL CS list to be drafted.

This year, any player can be drafted. The OHL CS list is a guideline but teams can make their own decisions.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 1:46 PM 

Why the change ?

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 1:58 PM 

I think the OHL clubs felt restricted and wanted the freedom to select who they wanted to.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 2:02 PM 

No this came about because kids were being left out when the clubs had interest in them but were left out of the CS List. It was just unfair for those that impressed down the line but weren't on CS list and as a result weren't taken.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 2:25 PM 

Makes sense.
Why would the rule have been in place in the first place?

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 2:33 PM 

158 says the same thing as 208 but in a different way. used to be a stupid system, now teams can draft who ever the hell they want, which is how it should be

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 2:35 PM 

Then why send questioners?

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 2:43 PM 

They send questionnaires for one reason only and that is to solicit the top players, BUT it doesn't mean anyone else can't get drafted anymore. The old system prevented that from happening.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 3:56 PM 

so just the top players got letter/questionaires. Top 150?

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 4:41 PM 

I dono

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 4:48 PM 

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 5:15 PM 

How would they know?

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 5:16 PM 

How do you know?

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 5:35 PM 

no more official list because of whining parents, but players rated and the top 250 AA, A, and B got the questionnaire

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 10:42 PM 

How do you know its 250?! You don't you lyer!

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 10:47 PM 

If you had a decent advisor (or any advisor) you would know 250, dumbass, now go to bed you have school in the morning.

Bookmark

February 10 2011, 11:06 PM 

Who's your advisor how does he know?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 12:04 AM 

?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 8:46 AM 

advisor would know, they are usually tapped in

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 9:33 AM 

I think they all get them to determine interest in the league

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 9:37 AM 

the ohl should disclose the number so boys could have a more realistic idea of what it means
-- if it's 250, it means somthing
-- if it's everyone, it doesn't mean anything

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 11:50 AM 

It is not everyone!

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 12:50 PM 

All kids on the Draft list get one.

And its not up to the OHL to keep you informed.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 1:23 PM 

Correct!

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 1:23 PM 

Correct!

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 1:49 PM 

I thought there was no draft list anymore? I'm confused. Is there anyone in the know who can explain who or who doesn't get the letter/questionnaire?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 1:58 PM 

No one on here!!!

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 2:03 PM 

Nobody knows.....anyone who really knows from OHL or OHF wouldnt be on a site like this.
Compounding the problem are the parents that are friendly and open until the Minor Midget year when they clam up and don't tell the truth about anything. So when someone says "only 7 players got the questionaire" you can can never really be sure.
Been through it 3 times, only my youngest was drafted last year, last year everyone got the questionaire and all minor midget players were on the "draft list", check the OHL site for the 2010 priority selection and you will see 1500 names and stats.

For my 90 check 2006 Priority draft and see list was limited to 400 or so.

My 89 in 2005 was the same only 400 so when the list came out on the Thursday before the draft day...if you were not on it you were toast.

To all 95 parents....this is the year that everyone lies and misleads no matter how long you have known them!

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 2:30 PM 

There is a draft list, just now everyone is on it.

Sorry from Windsor about the draft list.
http://www.windsorstar.com/opinion/blogs/Nine+local+players+ranked/4160746/story.html

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 2:41 PM 

Everyone is draft eligible but not all receive letters. On our team at least half have not received any letter or questionnaire so the idea that it goes out to everyone is not true.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 2:52 PM 

everyone is eligible for the draft now.

People who get questioners are those who are deemed worthy of a letter grade, be it AA, A, B, or C.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 3:05 PM 

yeah , thats what you hope you dont know that for sure. my kid is rated high and dident get one

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 3:09 PM 

Then your kid isn't that highly ranked - only in your eyes

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 3:16 PM 

You people need to learn how to spell or slow down on your typing.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 3:17 PM 

2:30, check who from Windsor was on that list last year, and then go back and check to see who was drafted. The highest kid to get drafted from the area wasn't even in the paper and on the list - that list means nothing

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 3:19 PM 

Im not saying it means anything, im saying that there is a draft list. This writer has access. That is all, calm down.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 3:28 PM 

Each team will have a draft list, no doubt still being compiled.

All draft eligible players are rated based on a letter, indicating where it is expected they will be ranked and their merits relative to the rest of the draft class.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 4:23 PM 

3:28 is right

All players are ranked from AA,A,B,C

All other players are ranted EP

All the graded players from AA-C get a questionnaire.

Can we move on?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 4:25 PM 

That's right. I think that DE or Draft Eligible is a rating for some of the kids

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 4:26 PM 

What do the letters signify?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 4:37 PM 

so no others players other then the graded players from AA-C got a questionnaire?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 4:40 PM 

****enough already**** WTF ?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 4:51 PM 

yeah shut up

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 6:53 PM 

Letters signify the level of prospect the player is. AA is top 2 rounds, A is 3-6 rounds, etc.

No players ranked EP would have gotten a questionarre, as they have not been identified as a potential draft choice.

As others have said, move on.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 8:27 PM 

Must terminate discussion....10 seconds to blast off........BOOOOOOM!

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 9:37 PM 

wtf?

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 11:39 PM 

Ovs it isn't too the top 250 when the Marlies and chiefs haven't got any.

Bookmark

February 11 2011, 11:59 PM 

Marlies and Chiefs have received theirs, as has DMF etc.

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 12:06 AM 

I don't think so...

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 12:30 AM 

I know so!

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 12:58 AM 

Does it mean your basically on the draft list? Or more likely to get drafted?

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 1:11 AM 

How many times does it need to be spelled out? Questionnaire = on Draft Ranking List

Hockey fan

My thoughts

February 12 2011, 9:43 AM 

From our experience last year - our whole team got the ohl questionnaires.
Lots of us also received many letters - I think my son got 4 or 5 - others on our team got one from each team. My point is don't read to much into this. The crucial time will be one week prior to draft day. That is when the phone will start ringing. My son had 8 telephone interviews and I believe he had 2 telephone interviews from the same team up to the night before the draft. Point is never got drafted. He had buddies who only had 2 or 3 telphone interviews and got drafted one person on his team got drafted and never got any calls or letters. So its to show you that you never know. So relax all of you parents. Just tell your son to keep playing like he always does and not to think about that because just because you get drafted in the OHL it doesn't mean you will ever play a game for them (unless you are the top 2 rounds). Junior A hockey is great hockey and also opens soo many doors - especially if your kid does well in school. It is our first year Junior A and I tell you already have some schools interested in our son for NCAA. His goal always has been to get a div 1 scholarship. Now as a parent that is all you can ask for - for them to get a good education doing what they love. If your son is good enough whatever route he takes they will find him.

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 10:02 AM 

Good post. Seems there's some honesty in this one.

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 4:31 PM 

they are sending to 1500 kids. Everyone playing AAA hockey available for ohl. be patient, yours is coming

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 5:06 PM 

I don't think so.

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 5:23 PM 

Only kids who are deemed eligible, with a letter grade

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 5:26 PM 

its still a long way to go so relax.

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 8:15 PM 

its top 250

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 9:45 PM 

?

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 9:50 PM 

my son got one, and he is not in the top 250 I'm sure.

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 10:16 PM 

all kids will get one trust me

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 10:24 PM 

top 1500 get one

Bookmark

February 12 2011, 10:51 PM 

no they dont 94 parent

hockey fan

February 13 2011, 9:37 AM 

Listen guys everyone in AAA and a few AA exceptions gets that ohl questionnaire. That is the absolute truth. Its NOT a big deal at all.
It has no bearing on the outcome of draft. It just gives them an idea "if you were to be drafted to the OHL" would you go or do you have NCAA aspirations.
From what I've read from this site there will be many disappointed parents come draft day. Ask yourself this question - will you be more disappointed then your son if he is not drafted. Too many parents are trying to live their dream while putting so much pressure on their child. Very sad. My advice, take a step back and just enjoy the last year of minor hockey because if you think it gets any easier after that your absolute wrong. My son has learned so much this year, one of the biggest obstacles was being mentally tough. When you get to the next level it will be a rude awakening for many parents and children.
Goo luck to all of you come draft day.....and remember OHL is not the be all end all if not drafted.

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 9:54 AM 

The poeple who got them are on the ranking list a scout told me that its the top 250- 400 now shut up you dont know what you are talking about.

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 10:02 AM 

your a 94 parent who cryed like a little baby last year while your son was out with his buddies not careing

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 11:38 AM 

9:54 is right its everyone who has a letter ranking in the OHL Scouting list.
If you need to ay otherwise to make yourself feel better, feel free, but that does not make it right.

hockey fan

February 13 2011, 4:46 PM 

I give up. Believe what you want to believe. I can tell I touch nerves with my honest response.

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 5:00 PM 

The guy that sent it out told our advisor 250 were sent out end of story, lets move on

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 5:03 PM 

5:00 is right, it went out to selected players, if your was not, no need to make up something otherwise.

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 5:20 PM 

the only reason we're wondering is because we just want to know if anyone is considering drafting our sons. And we look for anything that will give us an indication. I imagine a lot of people are like me -- I don't really care, but I know my son has worked hard for the past couple years with that goal in mind. And for him there's been no feedback. No agents calling, no scouts calling, no team letters. One offhand comment from his coach about people asking about him, and this questionnaire. So does it mean anything? 250 yes. 1500 no.
May 7th is going to be a hard day for a lot of boys, and it would just be nice if they could be prepared.

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 5:23 PM 

Listen up everyone.
The team my kid is on is ranked 40ish on MyHockeyRankings. Every kid on the team got the questionaire. I seriously doubt it just went to the top 250 or so. My guess is that it just hasn't been sent out to everyone yet. Relax and go enjoy watching your kid play.

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 5:32 PM 

Then why did my sons team that is rated 13th get 8 seriously you need to stop, give your head a shake

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 5:37 PM 

And here comes the lies that the other guy predicted.

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 6:33 PM 

what?

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 7:03 PM 

my advisor told me its top 250

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 7:17 PM 

cause it is the to 250, other guys are lying

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 7:21 PM 

we got a questionairre and my son filled it out and sent it in. Within he got a thank you from Joe Birch saying that he received it. So knowing what I know: He is one of the top 250 on the draft list... But I did not see a letter eg. A B or whatever.?? Is it there but I missed it?? OR Do you have to wait till draft day?

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 7:47 PM 

They wont tell you what his rating is

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 7:48 PM 

what leauge is your son in?

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 8:29 PM 

GTHL AAA

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 8:41 PM 

Team?

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 9:05 PM 

not important.. He's good and deserves to be there

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 9:22 PM 

guess the teams dont want to waste time if they have a pick that's not interested in the OHL at all and perhaps this narrows things down a bit,
those that answer that they want to go to the OHL are then deemed serious and they can move on with their picks

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 10:22 PM 

What top 4 teams have most prospects

GTHL
ALLIANCE

who got alot of qustionares I wonder...

Bookmark

February 13 2011, 10:30 PM 

No Teams that didn't make the playoffs kids got one, give or take 1 to 5.. i can almost guarantee

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 7:45 AM 

not true I know of one kis that got one from GTHL and the team did not make playoffs. Does not mean he is a bad player

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 12:51 PM 

Doesent matter

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 12:51 PM 

Doesent matter

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 1:45 PM 

10:30AM You have no clue, look at last year's draft, a number of players were drafted from non-playoff teams in the G, good hockey players come from everywhere....

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 1:52 PM 

lol someone is from a bottom 4 team

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 2:20 PM 

The TT last year finished 8th, with 25 points....AA was drafted in the 4th round by the London Knights, made the team and also was named to the Ontario team at the U17's.....all of you know f all.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 2:47 PM 

2:20

"The TT last year finished 8th, with 25 points....AA was drafted in the 4th round by the London Knights, made the team and also was named to the Ontario team at the U17's.....all of you know f all."

Loving the post, one issue. AA was playing Midget, not Minor Midget. So he was not on that team.

Your right, WE know f all, but you, who has no idea what team AA was on, knows more? HAHAHAHAH

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 2:53 PM 

Top 250 get these

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 4:23 PM 

The kids who get these won't get drafted... The kids who get letters do.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 4:56 PM 

Have to say, loving 2 20. That was funny lol

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 5:23 PM 

The kids that get this are likely to get drafted if they keep working, you don't know what your talking about.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 5:23 PM 

The kids that get this are likely to get drafted if they keep working, you don't know what your talking about.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 5:25 PM 

I have no idea what post you are referring too lol

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 7:42 PM 

If 250 got these, don't 300 get drafted? Can someone please clarify the exact meaning of this Questionnaire?

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 8:20 PM 

They believe the 250 are certain draft picks the other 50 anyones guess

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 8:54 PM 

I agree

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 9:16 PM 

I wonder how many ALLIANCE kids got it! Hahahahahaa, I bet 5

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 9:19 PM 

I heard it went to everyone

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 9:29 PM 

Around 1100 players got them....

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 9:37 PM 

No only 250 in Ontario.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:00 PM 

1100 Players,

Ontario and some selected US Players.

Take that to the bank. If someone has told you different, they do not know.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:13 PM 

The OHL is not in the habit of making every MM feel warm and fuzzy. Wake up 250 got them

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:18 PM 

lol atta boy 10:53

Telling it like it is.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:20 PM 

some players I know got team letters but no OHL letter or questionaire ?

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:23 PM 

10:13 is right on the button.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:27 PM 

Atta boy 10:13 sorry.

And they are getting letters from teams and no questionarres because the team is interested, but they are not on the top 250 list.

Fairly straightforward no?

Love 2:20pm's post by the way.

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:28 PM 

whats more important, draft list or team letters?

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:31 PM 

They are equal in my books, little Johnny is being noticed

Bookmark

February 14 2011, 10:50 PM 

My opinion is wtf why isent my kid getting one!!!!! haha

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 6:49 AM 

Trying to figure. My son got a questionaire so that means he is in the top 250. Does that mean a probable draft to a team

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 8:00 AM 

Ohl only knows

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 9:01 AM 

Probable sure, bot not guaranteed.

No one on here knows for sure, better asking someone who would know

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 9:30 AM 

He's close though!

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 9:39 AM 

What happens to players who get drafted in the later rounds?

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 9:49 AM 

Why are you asking those questions in here?

They go to midget of the dont make the OHL, or to JR A like most players.

OHL Teams will not find you a spot

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 10:24 AM 

My kid got a letter from london , letters from teams are better then this "questionnaire"

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 10:48 AM 

no they are not.. Best thing to happen is that your son makes the OHL questionaire

Congrats to the families that did

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 11:01 AM 

Letters from teams are better.

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 11:40 AM 

Draft year LOL!! i have read all your comments and they are pretty funny!! 1st & 2nd rounders will get all the attention,letters, interviews phone calls etc. My son in his draft year got letters, phone calls, but was not drafted. He is playing JR A and having a ball.80% of kids drated this year will never play a game in the OHL, you still have to make the team that drafted you. So lets drop all this here say crap and wait for draft day, many surprises. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 12:29 PM 

The questionnaire is a good sign at who will get drafted.

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 2:28 PM 

No one knows

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 2:51 PM 

Why would a player want a questionnaire and not a letter, letter is more important.

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 2:52 PM 

What about getting both?

Bookmark

OHL QUESTIONAIRE

February 15 2011, 3:10 PM 

When do teams start calling kids on phone?

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 3:40 PM 

Iv known some kids on questionnaire and haven't got any letters, that's when you know there not top 250.

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 3:57 PM 

?

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 4:07 PM 

Some teams dont do letters and some teams do massive mailing of letters (they cant take everyone) The OHL letter is a better indication of OHL potential

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 4:13 PM 

Then why did they send questionnaires? I hear that the london knight (from my advisory) has sent over 110 letters.

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 5:10 PM 

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 9:22 PM 

I do believe everyone gets it

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 10:20 PM 

no they don't... 250 sent out

Bookmark

February 15 2011, 10:43 PM 

you dont know mom , sorry your lil jr isent getting drafted

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 6:57 AM 

Hahaha

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 9:32 AM 

1500 get them

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 2:55 PM 

How do poeple no its top 250?

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 3:56 PM 

They don't "know".

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 3:57 PM 

thats what advisors are saying

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 4:05 PM 

The advisory are giving you and your kids cofiedence

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 4:49 PM 

I play bantam A hockey right now. Next year i am playing either A or AA. Do you guys think i can still make midget AAA the year after. Will i be able to play junior A, B, or C. what route should i take? Please dont bash me or make fun of me

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 5:01 PM 

well i know for a fact that only 3 players on the team got it so no confidence is needed from the advisor dipshit.

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 6:46 PM 

Shut up mom

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 7:10 PM 

Letters are better give up... london wants my kid

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 7:16 PM 

4:49 you will never make it if you don't know by now what class you're in. Sorry kid... go back to video games.

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 7:20 PM 

True , and letters are not that important! London sent out 125 letters... They can only select 15

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 10:12 PM 

i disagree

Reality

February 16 2011, 11:24 PM 

My son plays for the worst team in the Alliance, and received the generic OHL letter... Serious.... it must of been sent to every 95 AAA player...why get their hopes up... we are not even telling him

Bookmark

February 16 2011, 11:31 PM 

Good idea, is it London green? I heard it's top 250 though

Bookmark

February 17 2011, 10:29 AM 

Me too.

Reality

February 17 2011, 10:44 AM 

No, not London green

Bookmark

February 17 2011, 5:08 PM 

Lol you must not believe in ur son its top 250

Reality

February 17 2011, 5:15 PM 

Reality check... serious... it is not top 250 ...give it up

Bookmark

February 17 2011, 5:31 PM 

yes it is

Bookmark

February 17 2011, 5:32 PM 

Ya I don't think it is

Reality

February 17 2011, 6:00 PM 

Come on... the bottom feeders from the Alliance got letters... do you seriously think they are the same caliber as those who play in the GTHL and Ottawa? Come on....

Bookmark

February 17 2011, 6:00 PM 

Close to 1100 players have been sent the information, that is the truth people.

Good luck to everyone.

nobody

February 17 2011, 6:05 PM 

CHATHAM GOT LETTERS... THEREFORE EVERY KID BORN IN 1995 GOT LETTERS.... WAKE UP..

Bookmark

February 17 2011, 6:20 PM 

My sons team, a mid pack GTHL team, had a team meeting last night to go over the budget, year end wrap up, etc. We discussed the upcoming U17 camps, as well as the draft - only 7 kids from the team received the OHL questionairre.

It did not go to everyone.

Bookmark

February 20 2011, 9:24 AM 

"Only top 2 rounds make the OHL"?????

Hmmm...

Here's a breakdown of the 543 players that have played in the OHL this year (1990's, 1991's, 1992's, 1993's and 1994's) below.

As you can see players come from every round of the OHL Draft and "free agents" make up a considerable amount of the league's current players who were never even selected in the OHL Draft.

First round picks only account for 14.2% of the current OHL players.

1st round pick - 77 players (14.2%)
2nd round picks - 77 players (14.2%)
3rd round picks - 59 players (10.9%)
4th round picks - 55 players (10.1%)
5th round picks - 41 players (7.6%)
6th round picks - 33 players (6.1%)
7th round picks - 25 players (4.6%)
8th round picks - 15 players (2.8%)
9th round picks - 13 players (2.4%)
10th round picks - 10 players (1.9%)
11th round picks - 15 players (2.8%)
12th round picks - 10 players (1.9%)
13th round picks - 8 players (1.5%)
14th round picks - 13 players (2.4%)
15th round picks - 6 players (1.1%)

Free Agents - 43 players (8.0%)

Import Picks - 37 players (6.9%)

Bookmark

February 20 2011, 9:57 AM 

interesting stats but how many of those top rounds actually got good packages to university and didn't go this route cause they had other options

Bookmark

February 21 2011, 9:57 PM 

my kid's team met with Joe Birch and he told the boys only a few teams send out letters to prospective players

Bookmark

February 21 2011, 10:45 PM 

And how many did joe Birch send out on behalf of the ohl?

Bookmark

February 21 2011, 10:54 PM 

To Like every player

Bookmark

February 21 2011, 11:09 PM 

Bookmark

February 21 2011, 11:55 PM 

So my son got a letter from an OHL team but did not recieve the OHL questionaire. 1 player on my sons team who is no where near a top player not even average (by dads admission) and he got the OHL questionaire.

strange.

Bookmark

February 22 2011, 7:35 AM 

Maybe that kid is not less than average in the OHL's eyes and your kid is.
At the end of the day it's the OHL's evaluation that counts.

Bookmark

February 22 2011, 7:36 AM 

kids that received a questionnaire are the ones that provided their email address at the Marlie tournament

Bookmark

February 22 2011, 8:31 AM 

dont worry too much about the questionaire. I woud think the team letters to be more significant in the end. It is the teams that wil be drafting your son.

Bookmark

February 22 2011, 8:55 AM 

you'd be right but not all teams send letters only a few do

Bookmark

February 22 2011, 9:24 AM 

being ranked by central scouting important no questionnare no rank

Bookmark

February 23 2011, 10:18 AM 

ok lets try to get this straight from someone who has a brain

From what I read:
Top 250 get the questionaire- fill it out and retuen to OHL central scouting. Does this mean they were the first bunch? and are ranked from 1-250

Why other years there was 300?

i know a lot of kids that did not receive one and they are on top teams. I know of a kid that got one on a bottom end team (but is a very good player)

can someone shed some honest smart light

Bookmark

February 23 2011, 11:46 AM 

Not likely to get an honest, smart answer here!

Bookmark

February 23 2011, 2:45 PM 

Simple, those 250 players will for the most part go somewhere in the draft unless they state they're going another route or in some cases some kids get lost in the shuffle of team's draft pick preferences (i.e Need lots of D for the OHL team's future, etc.). The remaining players will be selected even though they got no letters and you do NOT have to be on a top team to be drafted, you only need to have shown enough potential to attract ONE team and you could get drafted.

Bookmark

February 23 2011, 9:41 PM 

Sorry disappoint anyone but I had to post his cause I hate to see young kids get misinformed information. This was a letter that Joe Birch send to many teams:

OHL PLAYER ELIGIBILITY POLICY
9/15/2010
ACTION BULLETIN
TO: MINOR MIDGET MANAGERS & COACHES, ALLIANCE HOCKEY

CC: TONY MARTINDALE, ALLIANCE HOCKEY

TED BAKER, OHL

ROBERT KITAMURA, OHL

DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2010

SUBJECTS: OHL PLAYER ELIGIBILITY POLICY &

YEARLY COMMUNICATION PROCESS

Dear Managers and Coaches;
It is my pleasure to write each of you at this time. I hope that you are enjoying the start of your minor midget season and I look forward to working with you and your team.
We wish to connect with you as to inform you, your players and families of our Player Eligibility Policy regarding the OHL Priority Selection as introduce last season.
OHL Player Eligibility Policy:
All players who are properly registered and playing for an Ontario-based Minor Midget AAA hockey team or Minor Midget aged players properly registered and playing for a team in the Great North Midget League shall automatically be deemed eligible to be claimed in the OHL Priority Selection Process.
We feel that it is important to provide this information to all players and families as soon as possible.
Communication through 2010-11 Season:
We wish to obtain your players and/or families email address as to communicate the new policy directly to them.
In addition we will utilize the emails to correspond to all players and families throughout the entire minor midget year as to provide to them information regarding the Ontario Hockey League via the ‘OHL Prospects Newsletter’.
Finally, the League no longer distributes information packages and player questionnaires through traditional mail, thus it is important that we receive a primary email for every player on your team as to ensure they do receive an electronic player questionnaire (distributed in mid February to draft eligible players).
If you could please file your roster with email addresses (template attached should you wish to use) directly to me at jbirch@chl.ca at your earliest convenience it would be greatly appreciated.
We will distribute our first newsletter on October 1st, 2010.
Should you or families have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me directly at the OHL office at 416-299-8700 ext. 230.
Thank you for your attention to this most important matter.

Sincerely,

Joe

Joe Birch
Director of Recruitment & Education Services
Ontario Hockey League
Office (416)299-8700 ext 230
Cell (416)706-2525
Fax (416)299-8787
www.ontariohockeyleague.com

Anonymous

February 23 2011, 9:53 PM 

Wish our coaching staff would of relayed this letter from Joe Birch at the beginning of the season....

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 7:20 AM 

does not make sense.. There was only 2 kids that got the questionaire on my sons team. OHL got the emails to who they are interested in drafting. that number was about 250...................NOT EVERYONE GOT ONE

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 7:25 AM 

everyone did not get it but it was sent out to more than 250 kids, a lot more.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 9:00 AM 

the questionnaire is sent out to the kids that are rated by the ohl central scouting. if the player did not receive the questionnaire all it means is that the player is not on the radar of scouts or the ohl. the above letter from Mr. Birch only says that all m.m. players are eligible for the draft which is 100% true. but not all players are rated by the ohl c.s. not everyone got the questionnaire!!!

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 9:31 AM 

The only issue seems to be the good players that didnt get one. The only reasonable answer to this is no email (or the wrong email address)was provided to Rinknet. Joe did say that there were a lot of undeliverable messages which were returned.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 9:36 AM 

And you and Joe talk all the time I guess.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 9:38 AM 

No need to be snotty, he is very personable to all the MM coaches

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 11:33 AM 

If its one thing are team does well is that it is well mamaged and it's good with communicating with parents and players yet we did not recieve this email. My son did recieve the OHL questionaire.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 1:20 PM 

People, the OHL has had all season to find your kid. If they liked what they saw, then you are most likely part of this draft letter or no letter. Wait till MAY draft day.! What is everyone worried about. If they don't have your email and you didn't get a letter and should have, they will find you. This is not that complicated. You are all making this really more complicated than it is.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 1:35 PM 

.....and then when your kid ends up playing 4-5 games in his OHL career you will wonder what all the fuss was really about.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 1:42 PM 

9:41PM is the one causing all the confusion as he tries to imply with a fake letter that every kid gets an OHL Questionnaire when I personally know of at least a dozen families that have not received it. And yes they're e-mail addresses are correct and so forth.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 1:50 PM 

The letter is not fake, but it is taken out of context.

Heres how it works, I have had a 92 and 94 go through it, and use to scout for an OHL team.

Before the 94 age group, players would be rated AA-C, and in order to be drafted they needed a letter grade. Teams had the option to add up too 5 players, which would be registered on the draft list with an "Add" beside their name.

At the 94 age group, it was decided that to much focus was put on making the list, so that everyone who was registered as a AAA player now was eligible at the begining of the year. No more adds.

The OHL still ranks players from AA-C, but now have every other play on the list as an "EP", meaning eligible player.

The questionares are sent out to players who are ranked in the AA-C group, which ranges every year from 300-400 kids.

That is the truth, I have no kid in minor Midget this year, no reason to say anything other then that.

Good luck to every kid out there.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 3:14 PM 

and im thinking your tight with all the scouts? why did like every kid on my sons team get one then?

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 3:20 PM 

I would suspect that some of the kids said they got the email when really they didn't. My son's team (ranked between 30-40) had about 8 players receive the email. If you're not ranked, you didn't get it. However, that doesn't mean you won't get drafted. A player only has to impress ONE GM in order to get drafted.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 3:21 PM 

I would suspect that some of the kids said they got the email when really they didn't. My son's team (ranked between 30-40) had about 8 players receive the email. If you're not ranked, you didn't get it. However, that doesn't mean you won't get drafted. A player only has to impress ONE GM in order to get drafted.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 3:30 PM 

Exactly.

In my expeirence, kids will strech the truth at 15, my kids do it, as do their friends.

Just passing on my expereince to try to help those who are confused.

Good luck to every player

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 5:01 PM 

Everyone gets one, its sad for some people this is their hope

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 5:07 PM 

O questionnaires should be the least of everyone's concern > focus your kid on playing tough & smart evey game and working really hard in every practise.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 5:50 PM 

Are the kids watched in practice or
is it based on the coaches reference?

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 6:23 PM 

questionares mean nothing my kid got one last year and a couple phone calls from teams and never got drafted

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 6:24 PM 

5:50. What are you refering too?

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 6:36 PM 

My son is not rated, as far as I know, and we did get the questionnaire. He's also received a couple of letters from OHL teams and one phone call but, again, he is an EP according to Central Scouting. Mixed signals for sure.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 6:40 PM 

5:07 most intelligent comment here focus on what is required without it the player goes nowhere.

Bookmark

February 24 2011, 6:40 PM 

He was probably added after the initial list then.

OHL Central Scouting will add, update or delete players off of the list up to the end of the OHL Cup.

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 9:49 AM 

I know of 3 players on my son's team that are EPs according to Central Scouting and have received the OHL questionaire. Only one of these players has been contacted directly by an OHL team. In my opinion, 2 of the 3 should be drafted.

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 11:03 AM 

how do you know the ratings ?

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 11:08 AM 

Really!

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 11:13 AM 

Got a message from ohl office and said that all minor midget players who are draft eligable received the questionnaire....so why did some get it and not others?? Also there are agents/advisors saying that not everyone got it, only the players that are rated...this is crazy...this info should be available and all this craziness would go away.

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 11:22 AM 

I have to believe that not everyone recieves the OHL questionaire. If you got a message from OHL office please copy and past it here for all to see

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 11:24 AM 

Not all players received it. Posts that say they do are lying. Our team only a few received it. Some are not telling the truth. Same thing every year.

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 12:39 PM 

this questionnaire is not a showstopper.

parents having kittens over whether they got this to re-examine whether their kids are really ready for the next level.

focus on development and leave the letters & questionnaires for the dusters.

many receiving these are in for a surprise in May, seriously.

Confused

February 25 2011, 2:15 PM 

So how do you find out what ranking your son falls under... How do you gain access to this information through Central Scouting. We did not fill out the questionaire, seemed that everyone received the info.. Today we received another e-mail that requested that we fill it out and return.. Still un decided.

Bookmark

February 25 2011, 2:21 PM 

You didn't get the email the rest of us got.

Bookmark

February 28 2011, 9:21 PM 

my son got one his team didn't make playoffs
Hes the only one i know of so far on the team that has received a questionnaire

Bookmark

February 28 2011, 9:47 PM 

cool everyone gets one

Bookmark

February 28 2011, 11:50 PM 

1. Have an honest conversation with your coach. Ask your coach have scouts been asking about my son ? Even 1 scout asking means he is on the radar. If none have asked then chances are not good in the draft.

2. Have you recieved an OHL Letter from a OHL Team / or a phone call from the GM or Head Scout. No, then chances are you wont be drafted.

3. Have you recieved the OHL questionaire. No, then chances are you wont get drafted.

..other things to consider

4. If you dont play the power player then chances are there are a few players ahead of you. You will probably not get drafted.

5. Ask yourself, if we are down by a goal with a minute to go are you 1 of the 5 or 6 players on the ice ? If no then chances are you will not get drafted.

6. Do your teammates look up to you ? no, then chances are you wont get drafted.

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 12:11 AM 

OHL teams also send coach's questionnaires. They are forms to be filled out by your son's coach and is to be sent back to the head scout of the team that sent the letter.

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 6:21 AM 

keep doing everything for the ohl team they spent a stamp on you............you better start taking a close look at these teams .............

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 8:57 AM 

Amen

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 9:34 AM 

Lol

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 11:13 AM 

11 50 Who are you?

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 2:55 PM 

1. Have an honest conversation with your coach. Ask your coach have scouts been asking about my son ? Even 1 scout asking means he is on the radar. If none have asked then chances are not good in the draft. My sons coach has said there is interest.

2. Have you recieved an OHL Letter from a OHL Team / or a phone call from the GM or Head Scout. No, then chances are you wont be drafted. Received letter from OHL team.

3. Have you recieved the OHL questionaire. No, then chances are you wont get drafted. Received questionaire.

..other things to consider

4. If you dont play the power player then chances are there are a few players ahead of you. You will probably not get drafted. Sometimes plays powerplay, behind coaches kid.

5. Ask yourself, if we are down by a goal with a minute to go are you 1 of the 5 or 6 players on the ice ? If no then chances are you will not get drafted. Would be on the ice at this time, but not usually before coaches kid.

6. Do your teammates look up to you ? no, then chances are you wont get drafted. Not sure about this?

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 3:08 PM 

11:50 – some good points except for the last one

2:55 - If a coach is still doing that crap at MM then scouts can usually see straight through this.

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 6:36 PM 

Amen

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 8:07 PM 

lord have mercy

Bookmark

March 1 2011, 8:19 PM 

in the words of Clark Griswold: Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 9:55 AM 

I wonder how many kids actually get it... And if there sent in order.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 11:44 AM 

my guy just got it - and he's in AA!!

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 11:47 AM 

they dont tell you your rating. and if you JUST got it he must be rated low cuase the good players got it the first week of Feb and letters in early Jan

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 11:54 AM 

If your AA got one then all the 95's got one from the OHL and thus the letter means nothing.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 12:57 PM 

If you got it Feb 7-9 does that mean your rated high?

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:10 PM 

My son is a "B" rated player and he got the questionaire on the 9th so I dont think that statement is correct

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:14 PM 

My son is rated "EP" and he received the questionnaire in early Feb. with a reminder last week that it had not been received by them.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:15 PM 

How do you know what his rating is?

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:17 PM 

Team manager

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:27 PM 

our Team Manager has a kid on the team. I find it very hard to believe they would give the ratings to the team manager

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:27 PM 

lol

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:31 PM 

Our team manager does not have a kid on the team. It's pretty common knowledge on our team which kid is rated and which kid isn't. Central scouting is tight lipped but OHL scouts aren't.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:33 PM 

Wait till May

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:36 PM 

Our adviser found out what his rating was

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:41 PM 

Just for fun, how much does an advisor cost per year? I have no clue but I'm guessing at least $1500. Am I close? We don't have one for our son but other kids on our team have one.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:45 PM 

Enough already wait till May. That list is final

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:45 PM 

Ours doesn't cost a penny.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 1:46 PM 

Then he's an player agent.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 2:01 PM 

$1000.00

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 2:11 PM 

Legit agents or as they should be called at this age advisors are NHL certified agents.

They get nothing until the kid signs a pro contract.

As I said, credible and legit agents/advisors. I am sure there are lots of scumbags in the weeds though.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 2:20 PM 

did get the qustionare yet, does this mean my kid well not get drafted?

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 2:43 PM 

Our advisor says no money until pro contract is signed. They will all hound you then.

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 2:48 PM 

maybe pay the advisor to teach English classes

"did get the qustionare yet"

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 2:53 PM 

lol

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 2:58 PM 

2 01 you've got one of the scumbags

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 4:03 PM 

What does it mean if you get the letter feb 8?

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 4:29 PM 

Your kid is rated AAAA

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 4:34 PM 

What's that?

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 5:38 PM 

What a funny joke!

Bookmark

March 2 2011, 5:49 PM 

We got a letter today. Its says try harder sucker!!. What does that mean? My kid says he's the best.

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 7:59 AM 

Yikes

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 9:02 AM 

5:49 LMFAO!!!

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 2:03 PM 

Haahahahahaha

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 2:22 PM 

9:02AM ASSHOLE!!!

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 3:32 PM 

2:22 = CUNT

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 4:04 PM 

booooyaaaah!

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 8:36 PM 

my son got a letter, I would assume they go out to everyone as my kid isnt really anything special and is not a go to player on his below avarage team.

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 8:53 PM 

OHL team letters DO NOT go to everyone. Your son didnt get a letter and your trying to convince yourself that they go to everyone - which they dont.

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 8:57 PM 

They do not, this is true

Bookmark

March 3 2011, 10:14 PM 

I meant about the questioner
to the above poster

Bookmark

March 5 2011, 12:47 PM 

so everyone gets them???

Bookmark

March 5 2011, 6:42 PM 

not everyone

Bookmark

March 6 2011, 12:55 PM 

how is it decided who gets them then??

Bookmark

March 6 2011, 1:03 PM 

They went out a month ago

Bookmark

March 6 2011, 6:31 PM 

so does that mean the kids that got them in the beginning of Feb are all on the draft list? and will probably get drafted? if so what are they ranked?

Bookmark

March 7 2011, 5:20 PM 

what happens if you dont fill it out does it even matter

its from that rink net thing not the actual OHL

Bookmark

March 7 2011, 5:41 PM 

OHL receives the completed form

Bookmark

March 7 2011, 5:42 PM 

rink net is the source of information that the ohl teams use to rate the players. Since you are sending it back to rink net all it means is that the ohl teams are receiving your information.If you dont fill it out then they wont have anything on you other than the current ratings.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 9:33 AM 

My son got a letter from the Leafs!!! What does this mean!?

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 11:20 AM 

most of the kids ya em forget play pro..ya
pls draft me

2 menny concushins
my head hurts

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 11:33 AM 

Domi !! that U

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 2:05 PM 

If you are invited to the various "combines" it does not guarantee the boy will be drafted; however, if you are interviewed while attending an OHL function such as the OHL Combine...you are guaranteed to be drafted within the first 3 rounds. Think of it...they interview players who will go that early to play on draft day and only the first three rounds are streamed LIVE on the Internet. The remaining are known via a screen refresh...with no active host or commentary.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 2:43 PM 

What is a combine? Are they run by individual teams or collectively by the OHL? Is there information on them? Invite only?

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 2:44 PM 

Invite only and run by OHL. April 2-3. 60 skaters and 24 goalies.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 2:50 PM 

Last years combine was the first one.

They aren't doing it again this year.

They learned nothing new last year about the players, and with OHL Cup just ending and U-17 camps starting the OHL rightly decided that they young athletes had enough on their plate at this time of year.

Bookmark

OHL QUESTIONAIRE

March 9 2011, 2:53 PM 

THey are doing in April at Hershey Center. 60 skaters and 24 goalies.
Non contact games, however???

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 2:59 PM 

No, they aren't.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 3:00 PM 

$125. Sponsored by RBK. Some swag when you leave.

60 skaters (35 forwards, 25 defense) 24 goalies invited. More will be invited if others turn down the invitation. First 60 are looked at as top 3 rounds plus a few players that a team/s have requested as invite for.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 3:18 PM 

Actually sponsored by UnderArmor. Email came from Joe Birch a couple of days ago.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 3:21 PM 

Dear XXXXX,

Congratulations - you have been identified as a prospective xxxxxxx in the 1995 age group for the Ontario Hockey League and are invited to apply to the Ontario Hockey League Development Combine powered by Under Armour!

This program will be held at the Hershey Centre, April 2ndand 3rd, Mississauga, Ontario. The 2 days will provide a select group of 24 goaltenders and 60 skaters the opportunity to showcase themselves both on and off the ice to OHL Member Team personnel.

All applications will be reviewed and player selection will be completed in consultation with OHL Central Scouting and OHL Member Team General Managers.

Investment
The cost for the two day program is $125 and will include a welcome package from Under Armour, lunches, ice sessions and your own personalized on and off ice testing results.

Saturday, April 2nd- Testing
On and off ice testing will take place April 2nd. All testing results will be distributed to every OHL Member Team General Manager as to assist in their evaluation for the 2011 OHL Priority Selection.

On-ice testing will be conducted using components of the Hockey Canada National Skills Standards and Testing Program. On ice tests will be executed with combine testing partner Sport Testing. Sport Testing Inc.utilizes the world’s most accurate testing, reactive and training equipment to evaluate athletes in sport-specific abilities on and off the field of play.

Off-ice testing will be conducted by Mark Fitzgerald, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Toronto Maple Leafs.

Sunday, April 3rd– Games and Exit Meetings
Every goaltender will participate in 4 vs. 4 hockey (4 teams, 15 players /team) as to assist in your evaluation. Every goaltender will play one 15 minute period of no contact, high skilled, 4 vs 4 hockey. Please be sure to compete and work hard as OHL Member Team Personnel will be evaluating you. This will be your opportunity to further showcase your on ice skill and ability.

Group exit meetings will take place and parents are encouraged to attend as information will be provided that can be used to assist in the development and growth of an elite hockey player during their ‘off season’. Your personalized testing results will be provided to you at this time.

Additional Details
Registration will close on Friday, March 18th, 2011. Confirmation of acceptance will be provided via phone or email beginning on Monday, March 21st, 2011.

Out of respect for teams who are still in competition, those players still competing will not be notified until their season is complete!

Only those accepted will be notified on March 21stand beyond.

Once a player is notified that he has been accepted, payment information, a detailed schedule and testing information will follow.

Some of our past participants included:

Mark Visentin, Niagara Ice Dogs, 1stRound Selection of the Phoenix Coyotes, 2010
JP Anderson, Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors, Signed free agent of the San Jose Sharks, 2010
Scott Wedgewood, Plymouth Whalers, 3rdRound Selection of the New Jersey Devils, 2010
Ryan Murphy, Kitchener Rangers, Projected 1stRound Selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft
Matt Puempel, Peterborough Petes, Projected 1stRound Selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft
Lucas Lessio, Oshawa Generals, Projected 1stRound Selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft
Jake Paterson, Saginaw Spirit, Member of Team Ontario Under 17Team, NHL Draft Eligible 2012
Matt Murray, Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds, NHL Draft Eligible 2012

ARE YOU NEXT??

To apply please complete the attached application form.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact myself directly at the OHL Business office at (416)299-8700 ext. 230 or jbirch@chl.ca

We look forward to working with you this spring!
Best regards,

JOE BIRCH
Director of Recruitment & Education Services

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 4:08 PM 

This is a legit email.

Guess we are now going to have endless chatter about who got these, how many, what does it mean, contradictory statements, blah blah blah. Just like the OHL and team letters. Especially since this is going to a much smaller group.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 4:22 PM 

So what's the deal with the combine, is it different from the U17 camp.

This above Email from Joe Birch, when did this Email arrive and I guess it only goes to select few.

Looks like the boy needs stay in school.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 4:46 PM 

The email was send Monday and details are in letter above. As someone else mentioned it is the second year they are doing it. Looks like an additional way to evaluate the goalies (there are 24 to be invited) and some of the expected higher drafted skaters.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 4:48 PM 

The OHL combine is not part of the same process as the U17 camps. Run by OHL as part of the draft selection process.

U17 camps are Hockey Canada's process of selecting U17 Team Ontario (better process than the U16 for sure).

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 8:43 PM 

My kid didn't get the invite :-( Oh well, not going to be a top pick if drafted at all!

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 9:17 PM 

Cash grab cash grab cash grab

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 10:18 PM 

Players get over 150.00 of UnderArmour stuff....

Not a cash grab, not even close.

Bookmark

March 9 2011, 10:46 PM 

lol it's the same Under Armour that we got at the 16u camps last year

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 12:19 AM 

Who cares. My kids going, the value for me at $150 is fine, its only a few bucks and considering what a hotel, ice rental, coaching and OHL level feedback and all that costs these days, its a deal in my eyes.

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 7:13 AM 

Your kid isn't going...yet. Confirmation won't be made until after the 21st.

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 9:28 AM 

And you know this cause...?

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 9:39 AM 

Because the email says "Confirmation of acceptance will be provided via phone or email beginning on Monday, March 21st, 2011."

What's the date today?

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 9:55 AM 

I appreciate the info, and it's the 10th...all day.

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 11:22 AM 

My kids a goalie. He got the quesionaire but not an invite to the Combine. What does that mean?

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 11:32 AM 

He won't be going to the combine?

Bookmark

OHL QUESTIONAIRE

March 10 2011, 11:33 AM 

OHL combine.

Heard they invite 60 skaters and 24 goalies. Are these the top 60 draft ready skaters and top 24 draft ready goalies or are these invites just sent out randomly?

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 1:54 PM 

friend on mines son got a invite to the USHL combine

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 1:56 PM 

Is he a Canadian or an American ?

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 1:57 PM 

It would be kind of dumb if it were random.

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 2:02 PM 

canadian

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 2:22 PM 

everyone can go to USHL combine - OHL combine is invite only - U17 is by application

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 2:24 PM 

U17 is by invite/tryout.

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 2:25 PM 

USHL combine is by invite only

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 3:10 PM 

2010 – 2011 Combine Invitation

January 31, 2011

Dear XXXXXX

Congratulations! You are cordially invited to participate in the 2011 USHL Futures Combine 1995 birth years. USHL Player Development has recognized you as one of the top USHL Prospects for the 2011 USHL Futures Draft. This will be your last opportunity to showcase your abilities in front of USHL coaches and general managers before the 2011 Futures Draft and 2011 USHL Entry Draft which will take place the following week.

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 4:18 PM 

^ yikes!

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 5:56 PM 

Go on the ushl website. If yup played aaa you will be able to go

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 6:36 PM 

but why the H-E-double hockey sticks would you?!

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 10:40 PM 

kid did not get the ohl qustionare, but got accepted into the under 17...

Bookmark

March 10 2011, 10:55 PM 

That means your coached liked him.

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 11:51 AM 

got the questionaire but haven't been accepted to U17 yet, my son is getting nervous!

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 12:30 PM 

All U17 invites have gone out

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 1:19 PM 

heard that only 3 of 4 coaches have made their calls so far

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 1:28 PM 

no one from the Oshawa camp have been notified yet

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 3:12 PM 

If it cost $$$$$ stay away.

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 3:17 PM 

My kid plays for the Marlies and he got his letter weeks ago. Rated AA though so maybe they started with those?

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 3:39 PM 

any word on when u17 will be out on the gthl website?

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 4:02 PM 

it will be out on monday, everyone that has been accepted has been notified by now

Bookmark

March 11 2011, 4:52 PM 

how about omha?

Bookmark

April 17 2011, 8:59 PM 

1200 were sent out.

Bookmark

April 18 2011, 8:07 AM 

I don't think so.

Bookmark

August 3 2011, 3:22 PM 

Current Topic - OHL Qustionares?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Never worry about IP's being exposed.  Dirtbags might get slapped around or banned, but we're not going to 'out' you by disclosing your IP address.

Try to keep this discussion civil.  We have room in the CHIRPS forum if you need to rant, comment on hockey moms, or other things that might not be interesting to everyone. 

Thanks, Mod Team.

• No annoying pop-ups
  • No noisy ads
  • No viruses