<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rome hit on Horton - dirty or not?

June 7 2011 at 5:03 PM
Bookmark 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ

this is the US feed. at first the colour guy thought it was clean. changes his mind after watching the replay.

what kills me is the call: a 5 min major for "interference"!

the NHL is so in denial about blindside hits to the head.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bookmark

Re: Rome hit on Horton - dirty or not?

June 8 2011, 6:30 AM 

5 min major for interference is the right call, why does it kill you? It's in the rulebook and it's 'meaning' is intent to injure. I agree though that the NHL is in denial. But don't you think that Horton, for his own sake, should be aware of the guy coming? I tell my son to never stop watching around him.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 6:54 AM 

If you actually slow it down, you will see that the boston player is just releasing the puck, the canucks player is ALREADY in motion stepping up for the hit PRIOR to the boston player releasing. It was NOT a blindside hit, but the perfect 10 hit that should not have resulted in Any suspension.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 8:09 AM 

Are you blind? Horton took 2 strides BEFORE getting hit. The right call was made on the ice. I don't agree with 4 games though. Should have been only 1.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 8:34 AM 

Hit was REALLY late. As said above he was gliding, then two strides, and then BOOM, lights out. 4 games is appropriate, this weasel shouldn’t be playing while that poor kid can’t. I’ve got to admit I’m shocked that they gave him 4 games, not the slap on the wrist that usually happens. Is Brendan Shanahan dishing out the suspensions now or is it still Campbell? Campbell is usually too spineless to give out such tough punishments.

Bookmark

Horton hit and subsequent suspension

June 8 2011, 11:10 AM 

The suspension time should equal the amount of time the injured player is out of action for any of these types of hits. NHL will never support this.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 2:55 PM 

Hit was awesome best one of the year and good. Need to see the on ice view brom behind Horton and you will see nice hit.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 3:17 PM 

I'm usually the guy that defends the big hit, but there's no defending this one. Doesn't matte the angle, or if he was committed to the hit or whatever. It was simply way, way, to late. He may have also got up on his toes so he could target the head. This could be a career ending hit for Horton.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 3:50 PM 

He did not get up on his toes - if you watch the replay slowly his feet are on the ice at impact - after impact momentum drives him up. It has a clean hit, arms down, shoulder on body, but it was way too late and delivered to a player in a very vulnerable position.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 7:00 PM 

bottom line don't admire your pass

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 7:14 PM 

bottom line: RESPECT, hold up on plowing an unsuspecting player's head.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 7:28 PM 

did not hit his head. look at the video

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 7:37 PM 

You see a lot of that in the Cup Finals...nobody is trying to hurt the other team out there, eh? The slashes, the charges, the slew foots, the elbows. All the defencemen should have a meeting with the league where they should be told to simply allow the opposing team to enter their zone freely.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 8:14 PM 

7:28, watch the 36 and 56 second marks of the video. Rome targets the head not his nutz. btw, the colour guys says it's a blindside hit to the head too.

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 8:44 PM 

Fantastic hit, NHL quality. Clean

Bookmark

June 8 2011, 9:09 PM 

clean? right, a 4 game suspension is just a figment of your imagination. ok, gotcha.

Bookmark

June 9 2011, 6:00 AM 

great hit, that is hockey

Bookmark

June 9 2011, 9:18 AM 

it is until it happens to your kid.

then when you accompany your kid to the hospital, all the while he doesn't know the date or current events, how he got where he is, how to get home, keeps repeating himself, has very little long term memory and has absolutely no short term memory, his head aches, he has sensitivity to light, then you'll just pray he returns to normal and hockey is no longer relevant to you.

Bookmark

June 9 2011, 9:19 AM 

Hope the kid is going to be ok. A hit like that could alter, or end a career.

Bookmark

June 9 2011, 9:30 AM 

exactly. as well as alter the quality of his health/life.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Never worry about IP's being exposed.  Dirtbags might get slapped around or banned, but we're not going to 'out' you by disclosing your IP address.

Try to keep this discussion civil.  We have room in the CHIRPS forum if you need to rant, comment on hockey moms, or other things that might not be interesting to everyone. 

Thanks, Mod Team.

• No annoying pop-ups
  • No noisy ads
  • No viruses