<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

nervous dog

May 14 2010 at 10:38 AM
kamdog  (no login)

Looking for help desperatly!!

I have a 5yrs old Boston terrier, my dog freaks out at the slightest loud noises. He statred this last year and not sure why. Thunderstorms are the worst. He will began tp pant and shake uincontrollably. He will jump in the shower, bathtub or any other weird place. Its gettig worse. While watching a movie if he hears thunder he freaks out. He will urine on the wall when this happens, and he is house broken. We began to put him in his cage because he freaks out so bad. Inside his cage he will either pee or poop all inside his cage and lay there and shake. This is causing several problems, we love him and don't want to part with him but i don't know what to do. If anyone has suggestions please reply. We are lost>

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bea
(Login bches)

Re: nervous dog

November 15 2010, 4:10 PM 

I have a small mix breed and has some anxiety issues as well although not a severe as your poor guy. I am not too sure but I think that the vet has medication that will calm them in those situations. I don't know what the medication is called but it seems like it was a few years ago that I saw something about it on TV, a commercial I think, these small dogs scare so easily. I think it's worth asking your vet about.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
FREE Shipping on $49 (Includes Dog & Cat food, other exclusions apply.)