<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Skenderbej was Albanian

November 25 2004 at 11:02 PM
No score for this post
King_Gentius  (Login King_Gentius)

The following are three sources which refer to Skenderbej as albanian, and not serb or greek. I recognize there are some who may claim his mom was serb; even if that was true, the father counts more.

WHY WOULD SKENDERBEJ FIGHT FOR ALBANIA IF HE WAS GREEK OR SERB?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Source 1: Encyclopedia Britannica Online www.eb.com

byname of George Kastrioti, or Castriota, Albanian Gjergj Kastrioti
born 1405, northern Albania
died Jan. 17, 1468, Lezhë, Albania

national hero of the Albanians.

A son of John (Gjon) Kastrioti, prince of Emathia, George was early given as hostage to the Turkish sultan. Converted to Islam and educated at Edirne, Turkey, he was given the name Iskander—after Alexander the Great—and the rank of bey (hence Skanderbeg) by Sultan Murad II. During the defeat of the Turks at Niš (1443), in Serbia, Skanderbeg abandoned the Turkish service and joined his Albanian countrymen against the forces of Islam. He embraced Christianity, reclaimed his family possessions, and in 1444 organized a league of Albanian princes, over which he was appointed commander in chief.

In the period 1444–66 he effectively repulsed 13 Turkish invasions, his successful resistance to the armies of Murad II in 1450 making him a hero throughout the Western world. Through the years he elicited some support from Naples, Venice, and the papacy and was named by Pope Calixtus III captain general of the Holy See. In 1463 he secured an alliance with Venice that helped launch a new offensive against the Turks. Until the end of his life he continued to resist successfully all Turkish invasions. Within a few years of his death, however, his citadel at Krujë had fallen (1478), and Albania passed into several centuries of obscurity under Turkish rule.

Source 2: www.wikipedia.com

He was born in Krujë, Albania; his father was an Albanian nobleman, Gjon Kastrioti (Giovanni Castriota), lord of Middle Albania, and his mother was Vojsava. The Kastrioti family are from the Northern Alps of Albania. The region is made up of five smaller regions, Hoti, Gruda, Kelmendi (Chlementini), Kastrati, Shkreli. The Malcor, as the people of that region are called, came from the northern Albanian Alps and settled near the Mati River, the Adriatic sea and the small towns of the region. Gjon was a descendent of the Kastrati region. The people of Malcia e Madhe still possess many of the fields of the estate of Kastrioti (Kastrati) family and have kept many of the features that distinguish them from the region, such as the dialect, traditional clothes and costumes. [1] (http://www.sardimpex.com/FILES/CASTRIOTA%20E%20BRANAI.htm).

Obliged by the Ottomans to pay tribute to the Empire, and to ensure the fidelity of local rulers, Gjon Kastrioti's sons were taken by the Sultan to his court as hostages. In 1423, Gjergj Kastrioti and his three brothers were taken by the Turks. He attended military school and led many battles for the Ottoman Empire. He was awarded for his military victories with the title Iskander Bey (Albanian transliteration: Skënderbeu, English transliteration: Skanderbeg). In Turkish this title means Lord or Prince Alexander (in honor of Alexander the Great). Skanderbeg soon switched sides and came back to his native land to successfully defended Albania against the Ottoman Empire until his death.

Source 3: www.encyclopedia.com

(both: skãn´derbĕg) or Skanderbeg , c.1404-1468, Albanian national hero. His original name was George Castriota or Kastriotes, but the Ottomans called him Iskender Bey, and this was corrupted into Scanderbeg. The son of a prince of N Albania, he was educated in the Muslim faith as a hostage at the court of Sultan Murad II . The sultan showered favors on him and gave him the title bey and an army command. In 1443, when the Ottomans indicated they would attack Albania, Scanderbeg escaped to his homeland, abjured Islam, and formed a league of princes among the Albanian chieftains. He proclaimed himself prince of Albania. To resist the Ottomans under Sultan Muhammad II , Scanderbeg received aid at various times from Venice, Naples, Hungary, and the pope. He had success in these wars partly because of the rugged Albanian terrain and partly because he employed a mobile defense force using guerrilla methods. He withstood repeated attacks and forced the sultan to conclude a 10-year truce in 1461. Scanderbeg broke the truce in 1463 when Pope Pius II called for a new crusade. The pope's death (1464) forced abandonment of the crusade; Scanderbeg, left without allies, had to retreat to his fortress of Kroia. After his death the league dissolved, resistance collapsed, and Albania fell to the Ottomans. Scanderbeg's life is the source of many Albanian tales.

Cut the stupidities about him being Serb or Greek.

Long live Albania.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
King_Gentius
(Login King_Gentius)

Re: Skenderbej was Albanian

Score 5.0 (1 person)
November 25 2004, 11:44 PM 

Ooooooo and i forgot to mention, all albanian princes skenderbej spoke albanian. And their lands put together stretched more than the size of today's Albania.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login King_Gentius)

No score for this post
November 26 2004, 1:03 AM 

I found the names of the six princes that were united under Skenderbej.
They are five albanian and one montenegro.

Pal Dugjakini
Pjetër Shpati
Gjergj Ballsha
Andrea Topija
Theodor Muzaka
Stefan Cërnojeviç

Venetians helped whenever it was in their interest. Skenderbej tried to form an alliance with the last Byzantin emperor Constantine Palaiologous but it was not possible. The emperor was killed in the fall of Constantinople in 1453. Albanians were mostly the only protectors of Christianity until 1480, and the ones who hindered the Ottomans from attacking Italy and the rest of Europe.

Dan
(no login)

Unfortunately, Djuradj was a Serb

Score 1.0 (1 person)
October 28 2005, 2:29 PM 

His brother was a Serbian Ortodox monk and was burried at Hilandar, a Serbian Church founded by St. Sava. We Albanians are not ready to face the truth and we are trying to find western resources about Iskander to confirm in our minds that he ia NOT a Serb. His father's name was Ivan and mother Vojislava, sisters, Marica and other one that has a Serbian name. I don't hate anybody, and I'm not in favorit of Serbs in same time, but we Albanians struggle under islam, yet most of us are moslems and our flag represent Christianity. This is a paradox.

ALBANIANSOLDIER
(no login)

Dan, u r 1000% SERB

No score for this post
October 29 2005, 11:42 PM 

Don't fake of being albanian.U r not less SERB than those in SERBIa.

geti
(no login)

waw

Score 1.0 (1 person)
November 9 2005, 10:53 AM 

o Dan masi te koke shqipetar ma merr menja se e kupton se çka po tham si fillim more bole e stazhonume skenderbeu ishte shqiptar e emri i ta atit ishte Gjon dhe gjon asht emer shqipetar e se dyti e ema po ajo eshte me origjin bullgare e pranaj e ka emrin ashtu
e te lutem mos fol ma ashtu se asht turp kur nje njeri qe i thot vetes shqipetar flet ashtu se boll jan munue me na peça e kurr nuk kan mujt e mos tja nisim tash.
nuk e di se kush ti ka fut ne menje kto gjana po shpresoj qe te te kalojn kto menime se idin edhe shum mire nuk esht ashtu si mendon ti.

bye e RROFT SHQIPERIA KOSOVA E çAMERIA

Arianit
(no login)

per danin karin

Average Score 3.5 (2 people)
December 13 2005, 2:11 PM 

o Dan ma hanksh karin ti mu... ta qifte dreqi nanen ty se ti skoke shqipetare mas pari.... ti qifsha dektit...

po qa kari po folni me keta muta se .....

ta qifsha nanen o DAN... po ti mas pari koke najfare shkau i keq.... po ti me kane shqipetare e kishe thane ni fjale ne SHQIP bre nanen ty ta qifsha qe me mujte me te gjete kush je pa ta qi at nane shkau se la....

mshele gojen e mos ha mut more gllup....

Vojislava, e GJoni e Marica e Gjergji ta qifshin nanen ne vorr.....

Interested
(Login Illuminati-Freemason)

"Skenderbeu"

No score for this post
April 13 2006, 9:27 AM 

I searched Non-Biased websites such as www.wikipedia.com which stated that he is albanian and that his mother was a slav.I would like some input into this as i am English and do not know much about balkanic history, but i am very eager to learn

geti
(Login geti)

hi u

No score for this post
April 17 2006, 4:13 PM 

hey lisent if u wana now something abaut skanderbei just goo to google and search skanderbeg and you will find what u want.

Great-Albania
(Login Great-Albania)

No score for this post
May 21 2006, 1:22 PM 

Run slaves Run.Run as we are coming .Payback time.
Go back to Russia and never think of an Illyrian-Dardarian-Albanian land, not anymore.

for the one who wanted to read a bit of Genocide of our neighbours or a bit of history of Great Nation of Albania read here.Have a look into the video of our hero Scanderbeg:

www.illyrians.org

The webpage above is not based on myth , but in facts, in reality,proofs.Very soon will be a documentary in History Channel ( 96 minutes program) about Scanderbeg and albanian people and it will be in Venice film festival as well.There the world will know more about us
This is what serbs or democatric greece has done and is doing at us.

Kosova first is getting where it should be
Cameria very soon
Why not Great Dibra etj

Very soon and Plava, Gucia,Ulcinj,Hoti,Tuzi,Malesia, etj etj etj

These have for centuries ( before these ****s serbs arrived in Balkan) been and still are Albanian lands.

SERBS UNITED SAY: GOODBYE KOSOVA
RUN SERBS, FAST RUN

WWW.ILLYRIANS.ORG
WWW.ILLYRIANS.ORG

deleted
(Login KOMITADJI)

No score for this post
May 21 2006, 7:44 PM 

I hope they do keep looking into the origin of Gjeorgija Kastriot, so that way it can be realized that THE MAN WAS A SLAVIC PRINCE YOU STUPID ANIMALS, even if he was known as prince of Albania, he was not known as prince of Shiptarija.

Back to Asia monkey, Slavs will reclaim all Slavic land soon.

geti
(Login geti)

hohohhoh

No score for this post
May 24 2006, 2:34 PM 

waw sou much b u l l s h i t c all over in one place i have never seen
dont talk abaut something u have no idea
no one needs u to say where he was from or princ of whu he was.
he was albanian and he ruled in albania and he was the king of albania
whu fght with him against turks??? did the slaves???? no i dont thinks sou.
did the greks????? hahaha no not at all sou whu were the hell he finded his man to fight agains turks?????????
he dident need to search cos they was there redy to give theyr lives whith and for him to protec theyr land and they was the albanians or sou called shqiptars the sons of the eagle.
to recapitulate all this naw why the shqiptars will follow a slave princ???????
why a slave princ whill fight whith shqiptars?????
why he wiil be redy to give his life to protect the lands of this shqiptars?????????
and why an all the world he will be nown as a shqiptar just because he fighet whith them?????
sou if u can answer this questions racionally then u can come in here ant talk again.
but let me tell u that no mater wat u will say no mater whu u will ask u wil have thje same answer wich is:
gjergj kastrioti skanderbeu was an albanian a shqiptar one of the sons of the eagle.
naw u can say every thing u want petiti conase de merde but u will allways have the same answere werever u will go and whuever u wil ask.
sou please cepe for u all this stupiditys cos u only show in here on the eyes of the forum only your ignoranc.

oh i forgot f u c k y o u stupid d i c k s u c k e r

deleted
(Login KOMITADJI)

No score for this post
May 25 2006, 12:40 AM 

Hey cocksucker, the word shiptar didnt even exist in the time of the Slavic prince of Epirus Georgija Kastriot.

geti
(Login geti)

hahahah

No score for this post
May 25 2006, 5:18 PM 

i now that u ignorant thing but i whrited shqiptar for those like u so they can have something else too say
not only b u l l s h t c like every time
and u see when u dont trye to steall my cultur or my heros or mu history u can think u can realise things.

deleted
(Login KOMITADJI)

No score for this post
May 29 2006, 7:17 PM 

Idiot, you have no culture or heroes, you are a scummy liar, Georgija Kastriot was no Shiptar bre budali! Mehmet Ali Pasha was.

geti
(Login geti)

hahahah

No score for this post
June 5 2006, 5:22 PM 

u are more stupid that i thought.
u are nothing more than a slave whithout a cultur whithout a history abaut those of the nomads and shore no heros at all.

and were the hell itc the diferenc betwen shqiptar albanian or ilirian they are the same people they have the same traditions they have the same histore and they are the same thing the same blod they are one no mater wat u gona say.
sou dont coem here and tell me that my national here itc not mine ahhahahahahahahahaha just when i think of this b u l l s h i t c that u say even after 3 howers when i remember i start laughting sou find some thing else too stelle from me u barbarian nomad of s h i t.

deleted
(Login KOMITADJI)

No score for this post
June 6 2006, 7:25 PM 

Big difference, Skiptar, you are not Ilyrian, what traditions you idiot? When was the first time that the word Skiptar was used, 1903? lol

GETI
(Login geti)

waw

No score for this post
June 7 2006, 5:39 PM 

i am not ilirian????????
wat the f u c k are u talking abaut??????
u ignorant thing u big son of a b i t c h
all my history itc conectet whith them avery thing in my cultur itc the same but just modern the languig itc the same everything conect me to them i am in the lands wher they lived i stil give to my childrens the same names that the ilirians gived to theyrs i call my self an ilirian and i think there is a reason that all historians of this word say that i am the direct discendent of the ilirians sou no mater wat u say cos everything itc at my side i am the ilirian and until u will prufe that itc not true go and f u c k y o u r m o t h e r coz u mace mace me sick whith al this b u l l s h i t c u say.
and again for the name shqiptar it means sons of the eagle and i now very well when itc the first time that it was heard and i se u too but i still dont understand watc wrong whith the time when it was heard or whith my cultur or my ansesters??????????
i cal my self hawever i want and i now u are gaulos that i have the ilirians like grand fathers ans like mother an eagle when u have like grand fathers some gays whu f u c k ech other in the a s s and like mother a gipsy from atiopia or something like that.
answer to me if ua re not too bisy on talking b u l s h i t c somewere else or in s u c k i n g a reproducton male organ. haahahah too funy this one isent it hahha

and dont mes whith an albo u foull
cos only the cofin will wait for u

rrespekt per ju o njerzit e rruges(kurbetlit)mezemer te djegt

deleted
(Login KOMITADJI)

No score for this post
June 7 2006, 9:03 PM 

Act your own race you silly idiot, ok fool my nigga? Whats the go now, you moved to America and you think your black? Find a proper identity you stupid moron.

And stop already with this Ilyrian shiit, fvck all is left of there past existence so there is no way Checechen tribes can claim their history. Everything? Whats everything you idiot, NOTHING is Ilyrian about Skiptari except the land you moved into during the Caucasus invasions into balkans during 11th and 2th centurys.

Ilirians didnt say Skiptar, which is a word that was first heard when, 1903? 1902? haha

geti
(Login geti)

hi

No score for this post
June 8 2006, 8:41 AM 

u are idiot or wat??? i now they dident call theyr selfs shqiptar hahahaahahahah i never say that i son of a b i t c h and dont come and talk to me abaut the evaisin of the balkan from the caucazians coz u are the bigest gipsy of all the balkan sou as i say before i dont have time to talk whith u cos u have no brain at all u have no balkanian blood u are the nomad in here i thought i am talking whith a human been not whith a monkey which i have to axplane the same thing 300 times sou leave me in peace ok dont replay no more coz u only show your big stupidity which as i see it have no borders.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Political RelationsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement