<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Basil the Macedon
(Login BasilMacedon)

Re: 'Greater Albania' still troubles the Balkans

No score for this post
April 1 2006, 2:58 PM 

"A true Macedon should never speak against albanian/illyrian people,Never.But it seems you are from any mixing races in Ballkan,in Macedonia.Perhapes i am wrong, unless you prove it"
----------------------
I am Macedonian. There are no Slav-Macedonians or Bulgarian Macedonians or Marchian Macedonians. Macedonians are Macedonians and they are one more Greek tribe. Nothing more nothing less.
Also I am not against Illyrians or against the Serbs. I am against the waist of Ottoman policy or American external policy in Balkans. At the time being, Albania represents that policy and I that is why you see me writing posts that you thing is against Albanian nation.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Great-Albania
(Login Great-Albania)

No score for this post
April 2 2006, 12:59 PM 

Thats great
American and English, ect, ect ,policy it is based on their mistakes they have done towards us in less then a century.

Just base yourself on reading these two facts and i am not going far away because we might become same tribes if we go into deep origin ( Greeks always have said that when they came to Ballkan there was a wild savage tribe up north-west of Ballkan, and surely they weren't slavs).

1) in June 1898 Western powers,
reacting to what the perceived as undue Russian interests in the Balkans, compelled Russia
to submit to a new peace settlement, this time at the Congress of Berlin presided over by
the "Iron Chancellor" Bismarck. This settlement greatly reduced the size of Bulgaria and
returned all Albanian inhabited land to the unification . Serbian troops were forced to withdraw
from Kosovo.

2) At the Conference of
Ambassadors in London in 1912 presided over by Sir Edward Grey, the British Foreign Secretary,
Serbia was given sovereignty over Kosovo .Do not forget kosovan people are Dardarian-Illyrian ( they can be found up to Troy) tribes,in their own land, and not slav emigrants from south russia or whatever.

It was clearly that Big Powers were playing with other nations territory to make happy each other,ecpecially Russia at that time.

Now as i said in the previous post reply i do not speak what i read in internet, but going far more of reading Homer,Platon,and a lot of ancient writers among others, Demosthenes, Diodorus of Sicily and Nicolaus of Damas and they tell us that the Illyrians-Dardarians held nothing dearer than liberty and that they never let their wounded fall into the hands of the enemy-they were ready to sacrifice their lives to defend their friends and those near to them.
They are a lot of books ( not in internet again) which they talk a lot about albanian people, and they do not start in sixth century when slav migration started, but far away from that date.There are Bizantine books ( nobody wrote them now but they are still there since Bizantine beginnings), which they talk about us.

Do not stop to the point that they are some muslim albanians or orthodox or catholics, and turn over all our history.Religion got nothing to do with a nation's history.It is a beleif.
Do not forget before greeks become orthodox they had many gods, same as we albanians did, and their names were similar ( i am not going to mention them now)
Slavs crossed the Danube and moved into the Balkans by the 6th century. These migrations
weakened the Byzantium Empire sufficiently that Illyrian speaking people, known to their
neighbors as Albanians moved eastward from the Adriatic into the Kosovo region of the Balkans.
Their language became known as Albanian and their culture became allied with Byzantium after
the breakup of the Catholic Church into Eastern and western branches in 1054.
Slavs migrating into the Balkans divided into three groups; Slovenes, Croats and Serbs,
as is still true today. By the 12th century almost all arable land in the region now known
as Northern Albania and Kosovo was in Slavic hands. But this doesn't tell us and it doens't mean that these lands were slav lands.Simply we ( bye we i mean Macedonians,Illyrian-Dardarian-Albanians, Greeks) let these slav people into our land but we did not give them permision to get us fully out of there.

I am an albanian and if i change my name to Bruce Lee, it doesn't make me a Japoniese.So lets stop the stupidity of the idea that slavs were before us in ballkan or any rubbish like that,and only by having a good knowledge you will understand.If you like in summer time i can offer you to visit albania together and show you who we are, what we have,what history and archeology we have.

Slavs would die to have our great history, thats why they always tried to get our lands by force to expell us from there, and they would be the owner of Ballkan.No chance for them anyway.No Illyrian-Dardarian-Albanian land can be taken anymore by force, from nobody.Time is up for the invasions of our lands in centuries.

Great-Albania
(Login Great-Albania)

No score for this post
April 2 2006, 1:12 PM 

you did mention Ottoman policy.
Sorry mate but in the history matters we do hate them as well.They invaded us for 500 bloody years.It might have been allience from different people of albania with them as no choice, or as beeing a bit protected from other invaders like slavs.All nations ( even greeks or macedons) have signed such a agreements with other nations for deferent reasons of that time, even if they were true enemies.Lets not forget more Sulltans died in the wars in our Albanian lands then in any other country.

Cheers

Basil the Macedon
(Login BasilMacedon)

No score for this post
April 3 2006, 2:57 PM 

Nobody says that Serbs were in Balcans earlier than Albanians or Greeks. Of course the Slavic invation was in 6th century and they took a lot of land even from Greeks during Byzantium. but..... dont you find it a little bit weird, for Greeks to go and claim all the places in Balcans where the Greek cities and population was flourishing? If Greeks were thinking as Albanians, then we had to go in war with Bulgaria for the regions of Black Sea (Philipoupoli), with Turks (all western Turkey+Constantinople), with Fyromians (for south Fyrom), with Albanians (south Albania and Apollonia) etc etc etc. If we start claiming all those lands.... then then only think we'll succeed is war war war. That is your vision for Balkans? To gain some land where ancient Albanians used to live and creating more wars and more dead people? Dont you dream for economic prosperity of your country?

And about Ottomans.... ok you dont like them too according to you; Why did you gave them your ports or why I see happy faces with Trukish flags in their hands in Kossovo when Turkish UN soldiers were there? Is that a normal behavior to a former conqueror?
Maybe you represent yourself... not the majority of Albanian Muslim population.

Great-Albania
(Login Great-Albania)

yes

No score for this post
April 4 2006, 4:58 PM 

at last we start agreeing to a point.

Our land is was taken in a unjustice way, it was anexation by other powers just to make happy Russia.Apollonia city was a greek colony and not a greek land.Yes it is true that greeks participated a lot in building that city but it doesn't mean it was greek land.Sorry but greeks get very angry when Suli or Cameria it is mentioned.Lets not stop here as this doesn't come to my point of view.

But what it makes me angry are serbs which still think we are not the albanians who lived there for milleniums.It makes me angry the lately land taken from us and they claim: it is ours( theirs).It is not long time ago,it is still very fresh.My great grandad and my grandad remembers that.The first one died in region of Dukagjin,he was a warrior and simply he defended his motherland from serb accopators and so i will if i am needed.
We did make a lot of wars with turks,and as i did mentioned in other replies people make different decisions to protect their identity.
I can not judge that desicion of that time but perhapes was the best way to be protected from serbian invasion of Ballkan.

About them people in Kosovo with turkish flags, well in Kosova live a turkish minority as well.It could have been them.
Why don't we mention albanians with USA or UK or German flags, or Albanian flag.

There is another thing,that we do not call ourselves albanians but SHQIPETAR ( Sons of EAGLE).Albania is an international name and it is not given or proved on that time by Shqipetar people.

If Macedonia or Greek was in the same situation as Kosova, and some Bullgarians would have come there as a UN protector, wouldn't some people rice their flag too?

However i like your recognition of Albanian people

Cheers mate

Teuta
(Login teuta1975)

No score for this post
January 31 2007, 3:15 AM 

Why is the change so frightening. Is it because maybe it oposes someones great nationalistic dreams or is it because they simply do not want to see other nations achieve their national well being. What kind of a country would Greece be if it was divided between Turkey, Bullgaria, and Albania? What kind of a culture and identity would dominate Greece? The answer is a simple one. They would probably be trying to put their pieces together-just what albanians in the balkans are doing today. My question still remains a simple one-What is so dangerous about uniting a nation which shares a common language, culture, heritage, and all the main components necesary to the make up of a nation state. Perhaps we might want to remain a litlle bit worried about the rights of the minorities. Even more, we should encourage that the new Albanin state respects the rights of all the minorities within. Yes all the slavs, including Serbs, Monetnegrins, Macedonians, Bullgarians, Muslims, Croats, Slovenes, and especially the Greeks, should be granted their rights of language, education, and protection from the new state-something that Greece, Serbia, Montenegro, and Macedonia are failing to currently grant or offer to the substancial Albanin minority at the present.
So instead of getting terryfied about a liberating and a natural evolvment of a new state, maybe our thinkink should be less pathologic and more constructive and respectful of other fellow humans. No race was created superior to the other. Grandeour Illusisons of great nationilsts have already bathed the balkans in blood. We often read in history about the atrocities of Barbarions but we rarely see brave men look in the mirror and face the hard facts of their nationalistic rage and hatred.
-------------------
You seem not to understand. We have been peaceful for centuries and look how much land we lost. Let's try to claim. Somebody will listen to us finally Serbs and Greeks were screaming so very much so far...
Greket jane si ne legjende: tradhetare si kali i Trojes dhe te poshter. Serbet jane injorante dhe katile. Ata nuk hane llogjike. Ndaj une nuk e kuptoj pse duhet te rrime urte ne??? Mua me vjen keq per ata qe jetojne ne Shqiperine e jugut dhe flasin Greqisht!!! Turp!!! Po fundja do ta pesojne ndonje dite nga greku dhe do e kuptojne. (Le qe Greku po ia fut dita-dites)

Anonymous
(Login Xenophon_Albanoi)

No score for this post
December 17 2007, 8:57 AM 

Anonymous
(Login Xenophon_Albanoi)

No score for this post
December 17 2007, 8:58 AM 

Anonymous
(Login Xenophon_Albanoi)

No score for this post
December 17 2007, 9:00 AM 

Anonymous
(Login Xenophon_Albanoi)

No score for this post
December 17 2007, 9:03 AM 

Anonymous
(Login Xenophon_Albanoi)

No score for this post
December 17 2007, 9:05 AM 

Anonymous
(Login Xenophon_Albanoi)

No score for this post
December 17 2007, 9:08 AM 

Anonymous
(Login Xenophon_Albanoi)

No score for this post
December 17 2007, 9:16 AM 

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Political RelationsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement