<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Commander Riker rlz, but...

April 29 2002 at 9:15 AM
Lucno 
from IP address 200.158.188.99

i want to know which is the name of the episode that commandant Riker executes the maneuver RIKER

if somebody knows it please orders me an email the.lucno@uol.com.br or send a ICQ Message Uin: 126803132
Thanks

Lucno

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Planet Riker

It was "Peak Performance"

June 8 2002, 5:07 AM 

Also, Picard performed the Picard Maneuver in "The Battle" - the Riker maneuver is just a variant on the Picard maneuver. Unless, of course, you are referring to what Riker did in "Insurrection" (but I would hope not).

The Picard maneuver involves firing at your enemy as you quickly go to warp and then drop out of warp - apparently it is impossible to visually track the precise position of a starship that does this. The Riker variant involved his ship being apparently destroyed by Picard in order to fool the Ferengi (Riker took the ship to warp just as Picard fired on it - also the Ferengi did not think Riker's ship was capable of warp). The ship disappeared just before the photon torpedos exploded. A nice trick.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement