Return to Index  

When my sister miscarried at 20 weeks....

December 15 2011 at 7:02 PM
MargieD  (no login)

Response to Re: There are pictures of the miscarried Duggar baby (NOT included in this post)

The nurses took pictures and put together a memory kit box for her when she left the hospital. Most items in the kit box were donated/handmade from outside sources - i.e. small teddy bear, poems for remembrance, feet prints, etc..

I remember - when the baby was born - my sister insisted that there would be NO pictures taken. I got to see the baby after she was born in another room and took some pictures with my phone as did my Mom (and obviously - the nurses did, too). When she saw those pictures - including the kit box and from the nurses - she was so happy that we had taken them.

I don't know how often she looks at them, but I know she's forever grateful for the pictures and the memory kit.

I doubt she would've wanted them broadcasted to the world... and quite honestly - the baby wasn't as developed as the Duggar's baby even though she miscarried later than the Duggars did.

I don't know what my point was....but this brings it all back... I remember, too, that I kept the picture in my phone for a very long time. I could never bring myself to delete it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I'm so sorry - Mrs. A on Dec 16, 12:07 AM