Return to Index  

"Your baby will be sooo cute" comments... A PG worry...

March 2 2012 at 11:20 AM
Sara H  (no login)

We told our friends and they are all thrilled for us!

However: EVERYONE says what 'a cute/beautiful baby' we are going to have... I am worried the bar is set rather high! If we end up with a troll I just don't know what these people will do! wink.gif

Why a troll you ask? It come down to simple math:
In every random group of friends there must be: brilliant babies, quirky babies, nerdy babies and... yes, a couple of troll babies. Come on, fess up! You know it's true! Be honest! Not every baby is cute! And, in my group, we have all of the above... but no troll babies! Nope, not one! They are all cute as can be! Soooo, the numbers are strongly in favor of US being the troll baby. Now, I am not saying that they dont' grow up into lovely adults and all... but still...

Please understand that I do say this with tongue-in-cheek and strong hope I am wrong! My prayer is that all is well, healthy, happy, intelligent... but, let's be honest here, not a troll.

If they kid comes out with a gem in its belly button and spiky pink hair don't say you were not warned...

Sara H

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: "Your baby will be sooo cute" comments... A PG worry... - Wren on Mar 2, 11:58 AM
  3. This is funny - AJ on Mar 2, 12:13 PM
    1. Re: This is funny - Wren on Mar 2, 12:15 PM
    2. I did not know that! - Mrs. A on Mar 2, 1:46 PM
      1. I thought?? - MargieD on Mar 2, 1:52 PM
        1. I should have not posted until I've looked it up.... (it's true) - MargieD on Mar 2, 1:55 PM
          1. Yes she was born with generic newborn blue BUT - Mrs. A on Mar 2, 2:29 PM
      2. Don't know if that was directed at Wren or me - AJ on Mar 2, 4:27 PM
      3. Re: I did not know that! - Wren on Mar 2, 10:23 PM

4. mo.nkey baby - Mrs. A on Mar 2, 1:41 PM
  6. I will fess up... I thought DD was an ugly baby!!! - MargieD on Mar 2, 1:42 PM
    1. I confess - AJ on Mar 2, 4:35 PM

7. I have a troll baby - ladybugsox on Mar 2, 4:14 PM
  9. Ok... I haven't been posting much but had to say - JulesM on Mar 2, 4:59 PM
  11. our baby girl looked just like Don Knotts a.k.a. Mr. Furley - Sarah in Seattle on Mar 2, 5:21 PM
  13. We have a blue eyed blond haired baby - Rebekah on Mar 2, 6:31 PM
  15. Hahaha! So my little Troll-lette will be in good company! :-) - Sara H on Mar 2, 7:00 PM
    1. TMI but within the first 5 min of delivery - Rebekah on Mar 2, 8:24 PM
      1. LOL, same here! (waaaay TMI) - Meg on Mar 2, 9:59 PM

16. Poor DS had a fugly stage :) - Alli on Mar 2, 7:09 PM
    1. Oh and he had Sasquatch-esque - Alli on Mar 2, 7:12 PM
      1. DD had hair on her ears - AJ on Mar 2, 7:55 PM
        1. my problem was/is that DD doesn't look like - Mrs. A on Mar 2, 8:43 PM
          1. Might as well get the DNA done... otherwise, you'll give her the Khloe complex! :-) - MargieD on Mar 2, 9:35 PM

17. I have a theory - juliemam on Mar 9, 11:08 AM
    1. That is sad and beutiful, JM - Sara H on Mar 10, 9:21 AM