problem with DHMarch 11 2012 at 9:50 PM
|Anonymous (no login)|
My DH doesn't want to buy a new bed or bedroom set. Problem is, we are sleeping on the set he and his ex-wife purchased some ten years ago. She left him for another man, and cleaned out half of their life savings which he had largely earned (they started dating in high school and she never got a very high paying job). We pay her about $1000 per month for child support for children they had together, and pay most of the children't expenses on top of it. The bedroom set cost him 10k. He is sympathatic, but he says we don't have $ to replace it right now. I earn a decent salary (and way more than his ex), but it is true that money is tight and IF (due to me) costs a lot. He already lost a lot of equity to this divorce. I feel bad, but it still bothers me to sleep in his marital bed of a previous marriage. He suggested that we get a new mattress.
I try to suck it up but it does bother me sometimes. I wish we had our own bed. What do you think?
- Totally thinking out of the box here - ekb88 on Mar 12, 12:06 AM
- good idea, ekb88, I was going to say sell it but your's is a good idea :) - juliemam on Mar 12, 9:35 AM
- Are you looking for a fancy schmacy bedroom set? - MargieD on Mar 12, 10:46 AM
- Ohhh NO! No "Ghost of Wives Past" in the bed! - Sara H on Mar 12, 2:12 PM
- Heh Heh Heh . . . - Wells on Mar 13, 1:52 AM
- Hahahahah! LOVE THIS! - Sara H on Mar 13, 12:26 PM
- Wells- too funny - karma on Mar 13, 5:08 PM
- Thanks everyone! - Anonymous on Mar 13, 5:28 PM