Return to Index  

Some questions about my first A series watch!!!

September 22 2009 at 9:57 PM

Keith W.  (Login azcodman)
from IP address 192.146.1.254

Hi all,

A short while ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 29A and I sincerely hope it's with me for a very long time (I tend to be a bit flaky when it comes to keeping things). When I manage to get some decent photos I'll be sure to post them.

It didn't come with straps appropriate to this vintage so the first question for you owners (past and present) of this watch is what are the correct straps for a 29A? Photos would be very helpful as I'd like to seek these out to complete the set. I'm hoping for a survey as I suspect it was possible that not everyone will have the same answer.

The second question involves the COSC, and could be applied to just about any PAM. The movement number on the COSC doesn't match the one from the movement sticker, but the serial (BB) number on the case back and movement sticker do match. The vintage from when the testing was done (1999) seems about correct, but it makes me wonder if someone has mine and I have yours? I haven't opened the back to look at the movement, but I suppose that should be the next step.

If you have a COSC from this vintage that's not correct for your watch, drop me an email and maybe we can do a swap! happy.gif

Thanks all,
Keith

Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Responses