Return to Index  

Coming a bit late to the party,

December 21 2011 at 2:34 PM
  (Login tomSG)
from IP address 220.255.2.109

Response to Introducing "Tool of the Week" - Week 1: la Bussola / the Compass

because it took me a while to set up my photo shoot set, but I've got a few pictures to share as well.

Hi Asi, it's exciting to see this forum re-opened!

These are my four (out of five) Panerai compass treasures. The one on the far left is a Luminor Compass, the next one a Radiomir Compass, both are from the 50ies/60ies, and the two guys on the left are from the 80ies.

[linked image]

Here is a stand alone shot of the Radiomir Compass with the, admittedly ugly yet authentic, 'Marina Militare' strap and its brass buckle, the replacement strap done by the Italian Navy.

[linked image]

Next a couple of stand alone shots of the Luminor Compass with its appetizing pus-like liquid inside, yet on a beautiful vintage strap.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Here the two side by side. The Radiomir Compass has a brushed finished, while the Luminor model comes with a anti reflective coating.

[linked image]

The case back of the two side by side. Notice the 'Brevettato' is only on the Luminor Compass and the brushed/coated finish is exactly the other way around.

[linked image]

Finally a couple of shots of the late models produced in the late 70ies and 80ies. These ones are from 1984.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thanks for looking!

Vintage Panerai rockz!!

Greetings from the Equator,

Thomas in Singapore

Respond to this message   
Responses