Return to Index  

New guy, first PAM, pre-owned 25H, opened her up

May 23 2012 at 1:37 AM
  (Login SBD1)
from IP address 50.47.193.125

Greeting fellow Panerai enthusiasts,

I would like to thank all of you for the info I've gleaned from your forum. As I have finally acquired my first Panerai, I can finally contribute something. So here I am, attempting to do just that happy.gif

I've been a WIS for several years now, primarily posting at another watch forum that I shall not name out of respect for this site. As much as I always lusted after a Panerai, I felt like I needed to take my time sampling different tiers of the watch world before taking the big plunge.

What I discoverd was that nothing scratched my Panerai itch. Nothing! I realized that what I really wanted was a Panerai sub that would be game for anything. I wasn't after a dressy watch. I didn't want a watch that I would have to treat delicately. I wanted a gorgeous beater.

So I found a 25H to do this job and I love it.

Here she is
[linked image]

That's odd though, isn't it? The 30 is facing the completely wrong direction and the 15 is crooked. Let's take another look.
[linked image]

Indeed. I wonder if anything else is amiss. Let's see what's inside the case.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Seems to look good so far. Let's look closer.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Looks right to me. So the movement is good, let's go back to the bezel.
[linked image]

Here's a closeup of the bezel rivets. I know that these are totally smooth on the PAM 24. These appear to have some faint machining circles on them. Aftermarket?

Let's pop the bezel off then, and see what's underneath.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Notice that extra little hole near the top of the bezel? That little hole is where the little nub on the nylon ring fits. What nylon ring? This one:
[linked image]
[linked image]

But while the bezel is off, maybe I can do something about the mis-aligned '15' and '30' markers. I was able to adjust one of them via the screw on the underside of the bezel. The other took a pair of good pliers wrapped in tape -- and I was able to adjust it from the top of the bezel.

Here's how it turned out. What say you, new friends?
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses