Return to Smoke Out website

Return to Index  

Our Event

June 19 2012 at 9:38 AM
  (Login Edge.SmokeOut)
from IP address 24.88.82.180

It is difficult for me not to get a bit nervous about now. Will the stage and sound work OK? Will people like the bands? Can we get people through the lines fast enough? I am always worried about making sure things are as safe as we can make them. So many of us have limited vacation days and they are choosing to use some of those days for the Smoke Out.

But then I put things in their true, proper perspective. This event has always been by our sub-culture for our sub-culture. Every thing we do was a suggestion from the people that show up every year. There are 15,000 people that want this to be awesome. I look at this board and there are people I have never met answering questions. Builders spend endless hours bringing amazing bikes to see. There are pre-parties and rides that I won't hear about until later, if at all. I could never list everything. To me, the most amazing thing about this event is that almost everyone who comes is consciously part of the event. It is not a movie theater where people sit down and wait to be entertained. There are literally thousands of people doing small things to make their (our) event better.

I am so grateful to be part of it.

Edge

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Our Event - Mike D on Jun 19, 2012, 12:32 PM
  •  
  • =) - MommaBear on Jun 19, 2012, 3:05 PM
  •