Return to Smoke Out website

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Long road lounge financial report 2012
    • (no login)
      Posted Jul 10, 2012 2:39 AM

Wow it is over ! I have to admit I was less than whole hearten Sunday as we where breaking down the lounge. Somethings that transposed over the weekend left this nagging hole deep in me that perhaps I had made a drastic mistake in the choice I made to volunteer to put this lounge toghter..

Many smiles and endless hours of laughter was more payment than I could ever have imagined. Seeing people who had only known each other for a week or less acting like friends from year gone by. The endless line of people asking "how can I help" and the fight it took to get Brad out of front of the BBQ grill hahaha those where some awesome burgers bro!

5 of us stepped up to the pump months before the event and said lets do this . Steven spend endless hours dong our graphics and hooking us up on killer printing prices . Jimmy did some spread sheets and budgeting and over saw the NC crew for me. Joe made sure all of the adult beverages met our standards by 24/ 7 taste testing through out the weekend and did a lot of grunt work to keep the lounge clean and cooler filled. Miles dug out alot of structure for our killer chill area even going to the point of stealing pink flamingos from some 90 year women to fulfill edges request and I pretty much sat on my ass and supervised everything.

well the final count is in receipts tallied and money counted. here is the break down for it and i feel i need to post this because this lounge belongs to everyone of us who belong to the Legion.

I do not have the words to express how i felt when so many people gave me a $20 for a $5 cup and said keep the rest. a few did this more than once. Having people chase me down literally chase me across the event grounds on sat night to donate more so this could happen again.

It was great and i felt a great honor to be of service to the legion..I think i can say that safely for Miles, Steven , Jimmy,Joe and Myself.and our massage girl Maria who can't wait until next year thank you guys an gals she came over on her own dime and through your generous tips she made enough to take care of some very important things her daughters needed at home. she made right @ $200 through your tips

sorry for the long winded post now here are the facts

Costs
      fuel to transport structure to and from fl $479
      supplies when needed at lowes which included super strong ant killer $100
      Sams clubs burger dogs buns etc $300
      2nd trip to sams crap we forgot $42
      printing cups shirts tags $530
      petty cash.. ice more ice and other things found in the coolers $350

Cost of operation aprox $1800

Income

cups not all were sold we promoed some left over $565
      shirts same as above $420
      kick of party 50/50 raffle with winner donating his winnings back $230
      Edge's cheap ass kicked in $500 to help us with start up cost and food $500

total income $1715

Leaving the lounge $85 in the red

But thanks to those folks who chased me and said keep the change and just flat out donated

We have $616 dollars in the til for next year.

Now hear comes the hard part we have set the bar on the lounge me and Miles decided not to pull out all our stops but the plan was to set it high.. Who will step up to make this happen next year? I'm riding next year. And will manage the lounge after the ride if we want to keep this toghter some others are going to have to grab the pump and we all can work toghter to make it bigger and better.

Randy aka Riz

In Soviet Russia, Sportster chop you!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)