<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Falke 70 Sear Engagement Issue

July 16 2014 at 12:36 PM

Chuck Jordan  (Login chuckjordan2)
Vintage Diana forum moderator

Hello All,

Doing some work on my Falke 70 (reblue, mainspring, breech seals, etc) and I'm having issues on the sear engaging. The piston stem is going back far enough and the sear is traveling 3/4 way, almost engaging. Has anyone encountered an issue like this before?

I feel (not 100% certain) the piston stem is traveling back far enough as there is still a gap in the cocking slot and cocking guide (attached to receiver). I lengthened the cocking slot 1/8". With the backend of receiver (that screws in) out there is extra room for the piston stem to go back.

I know the cutout slot in the rear of the piston (that the cocking arm pushes back with) is worn.

This sear engagement appears identical to the model 90, and if you look at 3/4 down on Garvin's link, you'll see the entire trigger assembly.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/674371/thread/1300926396/Pyramid+Air+blog+Falke+90+stripdown

Any experience in this area is appreciated.

Cheers,
Chuck
Chuck

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Garvin
(Premier Login Garvin2)
Owner

Hi Chuck

July 18 2014, 2:22 PM 

Nice to see you here. I can't really suggest anything unfortunately, as it's bit beyond my experience. The only thing that comes to mind is that the angled mating face on the piston stem/top of the sear could be worn?
"\"xSQ4Z)FI\\t\""

Respond to this message   

Chuck Jordan
(Login chuckjordan2)
Vintage Diana forum moderator

Hello Garvin

July 18 2014, 11:51 PM 

Hello Garvin,

My thoughts exactly, however, I don't see signs of wear at the end of the piston stem. I think there is wear on the rear of the piston ring.
Chuck

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum