The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

6105 forever!...

April 19 2010 at 2:16 AM
No score for this post

(Login Rseiko)
from IP address 216.14.146.61

Response to I would be lying if I did not clarify that I do have some babied watches...

I too like several of the Omega's, maybe a
vintage Certina, a Auricoste Spirotechnique.

But the 6105 is my first and true love of any watch. Everything really comes together in this one watch. The design is both style and function. What watch fits the wrist more comfortably than a 6105 case? It almost stays on the wrist without a strap. The dark charcoal/black dial? Truely a perfect design copied still to this day. The indices have yet to be matched. The hands? The sweep has a very distinct look. The crown guard and case design looks like a stingray. My 6105's keep amazingly good time after all these years. The case backs are even cool. The quirks of these watches are even neat. A "locking crown" that really doesn't lock. That makes for an interesting conversation. The heft of this watch is better than a Rolex. The domed crystal says "business". The oddball lugs. The history. Everything.

Yeah, I won't say I'm the king, but I'm for sure one of the biggest fans.

I wish I had several dozen cherry 6105's.

I've also got a NOS, MINT, 62MAS.

It's for sure a drawer queen. Just a piece of Seiko history to be preserved for the future. I may do as you do, and wear it around the house as I watch reruns of Sea Hunt.

Photobucket

[linked image]

RICK

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement