The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

my 1st ever WIS meet in Montreal, yesterday ;)

June 1 2010 at 10:36 PM
No score for this post

(Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 67.230.154.25

Well my first WIS meet ever, here in Montreal. What a fantastic time, and I tell you the time just flew on by.
We were all kids in a candy store. So much to see, great selections everyone brought along for the show and tell.
It also became a swap meet later on in the evening. LOL. Wheeling and dealing all in good fun and happy campers before we all bid adieu.
There were only four of us, but can only imagine if there would've been more.
I learned soooo much from these guys, and got to try on and see many watches I've wondered about or longed for.
I know my 6.5" limitations and what I can pull off for my future buys.
I'm totally blown away by some of these classics, and all in my corner of the world. We truly don't have to look far to have some hands on playtime.
Many watches here have confirmed my wants and some I'll be taking off the list due to my wrist limitiations.

Jean-Pierre mon ami, love your Aqualand classic CO22, and those Seiko spirits are very nice. Your PMMM mod is killer. I forgot to take pics of those. Too many distractions.LOL

Steve, great watch box carpentry, very skilled with quality home for the herd. Loved the vintage pieces, and SeaViper is killer.

Jerome, dude, your collection fits me so well. LOL. My wrists shots have me sold on most. Too many to list. haha.

What have I learned, there are so much more that I want. LOL. Like Citizens, new and vintage. Need to enter that realm.
So fun, I encourage all to do it if given the chance. I so wish I could make the NYC wis meet. That should be really cool, in my favourite city. wink.gif

Hope you all enjoy, and maybe we can do this next time with more WIS-ers coming out to play. wink.gif
Thanks Steve for organizing a great bunch for cool meet.

Cheers, Dave.

Here's the guys, Jerome and Jean-Pierre.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
Steve with his maple wood watch box creation.

Here's Steve's cool maple wood watch box which he skillfully made. wink.gif

lets see whats inside, some nice vintage pieces. ya, I know, the bullhead is upside down.

Steve's tissot

red & orange meet for the first time

new Orsa Sea Viper
killer caseback

more Canadian content, my two orsa's meet Steves two.

Loved JP's Aqualands, looks good on my wrists, no? wink.gif I know upside down again.

Jeje's collection fit my wrist nicely. wink.gif

aqua gear kinetic, very cool piece, made famously by Thian. From Japan, now resides in Canada. wink.gif

tsunami and kinetics, these are VERY nice.
flightmaster is especially nice on me. wink.gif

caseback is cool

OS300, MM 300m, Tsunami

These look good on my wrist. They've got matching hands. wink.gif

Here's my tsunami watch case with a range across the board for show and tell.

sorry for the overload of pics. Hope you enjoyed as we sure did. wink.gif
- Dave.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement