The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

My two favourites...

June 13 2010 at 4:22 PM
No score for this post

(Premier Login Zoodles95)
Forum Owner
from IP address 70.53.114.36

Response to Your Favorite Seiko & Your Favorite Other Brand ...

[linked image]
[linked image]

If you forced me to only have 2 in my collection these would be it...

My favourite two marques? Seiko and Omega...

Why?

History and value...

Both companies have interesting histories and both are relatively affordbale. Seikos obviously are an incredible value.

Seiko as a company covers everything from $50 Seiko 5s to a Credor Sonnerie going for over $200000. What other company has everything from affordabls to ultra exotic? Perhaps Citizen now that they have the Credor and also the new high end mechanical coming out.

Sea-Gull also has everything from $100 ST16 powered watches to the $21000 Repeator...

Omega is awesome to me as well. You can get used Omegas for under $500 and for around $800-$1100 you can find a mint SMP which is an amazing watch and one of the best values bar none. For $1800-$2200 you can get a used Planet Ocean which has an interesting movement in it (heavilly modified ETA 2892 with the Daniels/Co-Axial escapement). I think the Planet Ocean is an incredible buy on the used market. While the UN bracelet is a slight step up the P.O. is so close it is scary. For the money I cannot think of a better finished watch. Check out the P.O. at an Omega A.D. and you will see what I mean.

I can look through the Omega catalogue or website and have a heck of a time trying to find a watch I don't like. Contrast this with many other marques where there is one or two watches I like and then a bunch that do nothing for me...

In the ultra highend scene I have a thing for F.P. Journe. I may never own one though...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses