The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

OT buggered up the laptop, Poy/SteamAncre?help? ;)

November 12 2010 at 3:11 PM
No score for this post

(Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 67.230.153.176

Ok guys, I buggered it up. sad.gif ... LOL.
I decided to load up with peppermint OS, loaded all good. (took a long time to install)
But its totally unstable. Super slow, locks up, need to hard reboot, still missing the bottom taskbar, so trying to click the peppermint logo on bottom left for menu's is a not go. sad.gif

Had high hope for this one. But my crappy little system not liking it. So now I'd like to revert, but thinks it's now beyond that. Its all partitiioned, I have not found any solutions to remove or uninstall this peppermint. I searched net, forums, nothing on how to uninstall.

You just can't , or I haven't found it yet. I guess a reformat and a reinstall of XP is in order then? I can't use peppermint at all. All kinds of weird stuff happens on screen with graphics, and just locks up. sad.gif

I noticed,it looks like a Dell, but realize its not. Generic laptop. I don't have the original disks/drivers, so this will be a challenge to get all sorted. I feel like chucking this to the bin, but have made it a challenge to get it going again. (I somehow like to torture myself, lol)

I have it loaded up along with XP pro/sp3, generic laptop, AMD sempron 2600,1.6ghz, 240mb RAM.

I couldn't load by USB key, and my cd rom wouldn't work with CD's, but got it to install by DVD iso. Partitioned and fully installed with peppermint OS.

But, now I just want to remove/uninstall peppermint but have not found any solutions anywhere on the net. sad.gif
This seems to be a permanent install, leaving me to think a reformat is the only solutions here. sad.gif

I did try puppy first but it had problems too, so thought I'd try Peppermint. Its actually worse. I seem to have gotten into a pickle here. lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement