The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

Two other watches tonight... My second oldest Seiko and Tudor...

December 3 2010 at 10:48 PM
No score for this post

(Login Zoodles95)
Forum Owner
from IP address 65.93.150.178

[linked image]

Archer serviced this Tudor which I got from Les a while back. I suspect it is from the 1950s. You barely start to wind the crown and this watch starts to run. If this one was 34mm or larger it would have a regular spot in the rotation...
[linked image]

This one dates to post WW II and even though the movement is marked Seikosha it is a Swiss based ebache. This one is not a stainless steel case. It is plated brass and when I acquired it several bits of the plating had long gone. I sent it to Jack and IWW and he had it replated and then had the movement serviced. Later on I had a problem with the crown stem and Archer rectified that (of course):
[linked image]

Caseback on the Tudor. A great design will pass the test of time.
[linked image]

The caseback on the Seiko is a snap in affair. The Tudor was much more ahead of its time with this one...
[linked image]

The Seiko however has a larger size going for it which lends itself better to modern wrists. I just love the patina on this 60+ year old watch...
[linked image]

I have come to like and appreciate sub second hands more and more as my WIS years wear on...
[linked image]

Here you can see that the Seiko is wider; however, the Tudor is taller and thicker.
[linked image]

Ah, the headache of some older watches. Tiny lug width and limited strap choices. This one might need its own special strap made in an extra long length. This might make an awesome choice for some vintage Thursdays. happy.gif
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks for looking. happy.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement