The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

"Need" no, but.....

December 17 2010 at 2:50 PM
No score for this post
Archer  (Login AJCanada)
Archer Watches
from IP address 64.231.12.166

Response to A quick question: do we really need and use the functions on the watches that we choose?>

"Use" yes, at least in most cases. The function I use most is the alarm on my Memovox. It is also my travel watch for the reason of the alarm. I usually don't care about any other time zones except the one I'm in, so no dual time or GMT needed for me when travelling, but I do a reliable alarm to wake me up in the morning.

I own two chronographs, and use both regularly. I use the day and date functions on all the watches that have them. About the only functions I have on watches that aren't that useful is the moon phase on one watch, and I guess the water resistance ratings on some as I rarely swim and don't dive. However a robust watch is always good for general wear anyway.

Cheers, Al

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement