The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

Great question!

December 19 2010 at 4:51 PM
No score for this post
Archer  (Login AJCanada)
Archer Watches
from IP address 67.71.140.134

Response to Sterile dial watches...yes or no? A post on another forum...

I look at it from two perspectives - as an enthusiast, and also as a maker of watches. Most all the watches in my collection have a brand on the dial. I have nothing against sterile dials at all, but it's more of a coincidence that the watches I have mostly have brands on them. As an enthusiast/collector it's not that relevant to me and I just buy what appeals to me.

As a maker, it can be difficult to know if putting a brand on the dial is a good or bad thing. It depends on the intended market. I do sell a few watches to non-WIS types, and what they want is completely the opposite of what most WIS want. With my Pilot watches for example, most WIS types want a hand wound watch, with no name on the dial, which is true to the original German pilot watches. People who are more "normal" don't want to be bothered winding it every day, and they want a name or logo on the dial, so automatics with a name are more suited to their desires.

It can make creating new models a bit frustrating!

Cheers, Al

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement