The Asian Watch Forum

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

My 2 cents

February 6 2011 at 8:54 AM
No score for this post

nhoJ  (Login nhoJR)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 71.187.61.63

Response to I have a new first for me. My PMT JDM Eco-Drive's battery is dead and will not charge.>

If you can't get it jump started, I would send to Citizen. The rep who used to frequent the forums has said several times that they would replace dead cells for free. I'm sure the "Never needs a battery" marketing line has everything to do with this. While it is in there I would expect to get the gaskets replaced too and maybe even a pressure test.

While it is there, maybe get a new second hand too?

Citizen's parts and labor charges are very reasonable. Probably competitive with all the independent professionals. They will provide a quote before doing any service. If you send it I would take some picture before hand to capture the condition. A friend when through a headache with Citizen US because they put some healthy scratches in his otherwise brand new watch. Situation was resolved to his satisfaction but it took a while.

If you can't be bothered, I'm sure you could sell this one as it. Desirable model and I'm sure someone would take the risk on it for the right price.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message