The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

Trades gone terribly...

February 18 2011 at 8:38 PM
No score for this post

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member
from IP address 70.70.239.50

right wink.gif

After posting pics of my Pulsar 'Seiko mil homage' ...
[linked image]

EdH contacted me and wondered about a trade. We exchanged several e-mails with Ed trying desperately to find something I would take in trade...we settled up on this one...
[linked image]

This is a 'Germasian' Pilot/Bombardier style homage watch of the WWII era.
Ed gave me this description of the mirror image numbers on the dial...

"The pilots would mount the watch on their sextant to assist in shooting locations. The reversed numbers were read with a mirror on the sextant and of course would read correctly with the mirror."

Another vintage watch of this style was used for and by Wernher von Braun...
[linked image]

"This Aristo Flieger Sextant has its historical pattern in a German sextant watch which was used by Wernher von Braun and his team about 1944/1945- at the Peenemünde rocket proving ground ("Heeresversuchsanstalt Peenemuende")... Braun and his crew used the watch to calculate the ballistic data for various rockets they had developed. You may have heard about the V 1."

When viewing at the dial through a mirror sextant they used the watch to calculate a rocket´s ballistic in advance.

Needless to say, I am thrilled to have this watch as an addition to my 'Mil Style' collection. I put it on a Maratac Mil Series strap and it is perfectly wearable on my 6.75" wrist, as you can see happy.gif

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses