The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

If I offend........... sorry but...................

March 4 2011 at 5:24 PM
No score for this post

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 71.128.198.189

Response to That is only smoke and mirrors ...

I absolutely HATE the fact that almost everything we own these days is made in CHINA or some other Asian country!!!
Our very own government let it happen and continues to let it happen by out sourcing products and jobs when there are thousands of people here w/o jobs! Part of the problem we brought on ourselves is by allowing UNIONS to get so big and powerful! Union wages have gotten SO high that its no wonder things are made in China where they can be made for a fraction of the cost! Its a no win situation!
The other night on the news they did a brief report on what exactly in your home was made in China vs what was made in the USA............ when they finished clearing out this particular home there was virtually nothing left in it...... not a single item was US made!!! Kinda scary!!
A few weeks ago I was in the market for a moving cart/dolly and looked thru the local flea market for one as I knew I'd be able to find one cheap...... yeah..... I found one cheap allright........$10.00 made in VIETNAM!!!! I passed!
DONT even get me started about Vietnam or India either as I wont be silent!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement