The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

For ABC watch owners .................................. >>>>

September 11 2011 at 1:31 PM
No score for this post

(Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 24.141.131.230

............... >>> Its true: it didn`t bother me till about not long ago that I wasn`t sure if my Timex WS4 is showing the right measurements (altimeter and/or barometer). I can`t speak for all the other ABC watches but Timex says that by adjusting the altimeter, the barometer reading will "self-set".

OK, fair enough so I "Googled" my location and I found out that I`m at 183 meters above sea level. Cool! But hold on... 183m to what point in my town? Downtown? Damn... it should be easier than this. Ok, let see a reliable reference point. Lake Ontario! Perfect! Basicaly, anywhwere you are around the lake on the beach, you can take that as a reference point. All I have to know, how high is Lake Ontario from the Sea Level. A quick search showed 76 meters above sea level.

So, if you wanna make sure your altimeter is working right, find a lake near you, and find out its elevation from Sea Level. Go stand on its beach, input the elevation data into your "Altimeter settings" and you are ready to go.

I don`t make things. I make things better !

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses