The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

Seiko Alpinist 6R15 arrived last nite!

January 30 2012 at 4:07 PM
No score for this post
  (Login thianwong)
Founding Member
from IP address 121.84.173.28

I wasn't expecting this watch to arrive at 7:15pm last nite, but rather tonite Tuesday.....Japanese efficiency! This is the 6R15 version, the same movement Noah used in his Tsunami, so I felt comfortable handling it: auto, handwinder, 50 or so power reserve. Sapphire crystal, 38mm to 42mm to crown. Screwdown crown and 200m rated. For a dressy watch look, it sure has tool specs! The second crown at the 4 spot moves the inner compass chapter ring.

The brand new leather strap was very stiff and strapping it on the wrist was uncomfortable, so I put the watch/strap on one of my watch stands over nite to form a bend near the lugs. This always works for me with new stiff leather bands.

Having won this watch at 26,800yen with no other bids was a steal. I happened to check Seiya San site selling the same watch at over 50,000yen!

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement