The Asian Watch Forum

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

Thian...have you got that Rolex yet? ;>)

February 12 2012 at 4:04 PM
No score for this post

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member
from IP address 70.70.241.223

I'll never be able to rationalize a purchase like that but that's only because I don't have the money wink.gif

I'm wearing this today...
[linked image]

It has finally dawned on me why I like this style so much. Apart from it being good looking; it fits perfectly.
By fit, I mean that it sits just right on my wrist and that the submariner case works so much better than most dive style watches when it comes to cuffs.

Even my NY2300 can be a bit uncomfortable with tightish cuffs like the ones on my sweatshirts. The sub seems to go unnoticed in that I can rotate my wrist and the watch doesn't grab or get hung up in/on the cuff.

Only my watches with this 'submariner' style fit this well. All the Seikos, Citizens, Casios, Timex, etc. tend to be a bit uncomfortable since they constantly let you know they are there and being held captive by the cuff. The most obvious reason for this is that they are all much thicker.

I wonder if this was part of the plan when Rolex designed the first submariner case?

Perhaps it's a good thing that there are homages to the original sub that have kept to the design. I makes it much easier and more palatable to have one of these watches without the cost or the nonsense surrounding the brand name and logo.

This one is exactly the same with the exception of the external markings...
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses