The Asian Watch Forum

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

Oh, OK -- I misunderstood your meaning then!

March 31 2012 at 7:44 PM
No score for this post

Ninja010  (Login Ninja010)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 203.177.74.140

Response to Vintage

... oh well, I was hoping you did have some rather rare/obscure variety there happy.gif

Indeed the Seikomatic 6218's are a treasure ... really a high grade movement inside a "package" that people tend to undervalue. I look at it like this: a 6218 gives you 90% (?? more??) of the quality of a GS at 20% (or less!) the price in the used/vintage market.

On the Bells: yes indeed the hardest movement varieties to find are the 21j 4006 and the 4005 [Date only & 27j only]. I've only seen a couple of the 4005's around here [Philippines] and IIRC have never seen a 21j in the sales offerings. Data I've seen on the net say that the 21j Bells make up only about 5% of total production of 4006's and that the 4005 is about the same rarity level as the 21j 4006. So... happy hunting!!

And yes, I have indeed looked in on you periodically to see what's up. Just that this was the 1st time I'd felt "moved" to write happy.gif Maybe I'll do more writing if you guys want to talk more vintage stuff!! happy.gif

===============================================
[linked image]

Seiko Matsuda
The Patron Saint of Seiko Collectors

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses