The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

Uppon aproval from Zeke ................................. >>>>

May 20 2012 at 7:10 PM
No score for this post

(Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 24.141.155.172

............ >>>> who, as I was informed likes asian watches/movements, I`m going to post my newest arrival from this past Wednesday.
Here are some quick pics with my cell phone, after getting a hold of my order from the postal outlet

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

........and a look at what was wrapped

[linked image]

[linked image]

Yeah.... I know what they are. And I had them before. And I sold them. that was 2 years ago and since then, i keep thinking about them. So far no other watch I had and sold later, made me say "I should have kept it" except this one. So, i decide to get them again, but this time with the new SS bracelet.

Unfortunatly, I made the mistake to tell my supervisor at work (who is also a watch fan - credit me for that). He wanted to see them the next day so I took him the watches. Needless to say that the one with power reserve indicator was purchased on the spot! Even tho I told him its not for sale..... rezistance was futile. Oh well, there is more where that came from.

So now here is the one I was left with.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

As you can see, this one has a "sportier" look to it. The bezel can be turn counter clockwise with solid 12 clicks! Yes...12 clicks... not 60, not 120. Just 12.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Then of course, we have the famous crown guard

[linked image]

This is one solid chunk of steel and it measures...

[linked image]

[linked image]

What I found amazing is the bracelet. Solid SS all around including the end links and each segment (or link) is made of 2 pieces held together by 2 screws from the back. So the brushed piece is held on to the polished piece - together making the link. The links are held together by screws.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This particular model is hand windable as well as automatic. I forgot to take pics at the time I had the case back off but I found it interesting that the mainspring on this unmarked movement, can only be wound up in one direction. Unlike the movement with the power reserve indicator, the rotor on this one is realy quiet and smooth. Can`t even feel the weight spinning inside when you shake watch side to side.

Bracelet doesn`t have a clasp.... it has butterfly!
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I was extremly pleased about the lume....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The lume on this model lasts about 3 hours. Not too bad.
One disadvange I found is the date. Again, the number is pretty small and even if there is a magnifier right above it, that doesnt change much.

Overall, this watch is a fantastic built. The "money to weight" ratio is huge - meaning that you get a lot a watch for a lot less money.
Quality is pretty good, however... I decided to go over and check if all the screws all tight properly. They were in this case.

And that prety much wraps up this post

Thanks for watching

I don`t make things. I make things better !

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses