The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

Back to the AWF  

New hardware ............................ >>>>

July 2 2012 at 4:33 PM
No score for this post

Leslie S  (Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 24.141.155.172

.......... >>> Time came for a new hardware in the cell phone department. It wasn`t a must but the 3 year contract includes new hardware .... so then why not?

I present you the Samsung Android i727 or Galaxy S II. Before this, I had the Samsung i896 aka Galaxy S which was an older model but still very good. Here are some pics of the new Samsung

[linked image]

Here are some of the features listed on the side of the box and I must ad that I`m prety impressed.

[linked image]

[linked image]

The usual thing to be found inside the box: manual, wall charger, USB cable, head phones and battery

[linked image]

The user replaceble battery size and capacity are increased from the older Galaxy S model from 1500 mAh to 1850 mAh. You may think this way the phone can stay on longer? you wish! Dual core 1.5 Ghz CPU and a larger screen plus apps running, will kill the battery in about 24 hours. Lucky there are "power manager" apps out there. The one that come installed its prety basic and doesn`t do a whole lot

[linked image]

[linked image]

Digital camera was increased from 5 MP to 8 MP and a LED flash added to the mix.

[linked image]

In this model, Samsung also included a 2 MP front facing camera. Next to the ear piece, can be seen a light sensor and a proximity sensor.

[linked image]

Again, Samsung made this almost impossibly thin design.

[linked image]

Comparing the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II

[linked image]

[linked image]

The thickness is identical or there may be a small difference that is not even worth mentioning.

The Samsung Galaxy S II comes with an 13GB on board storage and with the option to ad a microSD card up to 32Gb.

The only rival, as we all know, its the iPhone. But what keeps them apart is the huge flexibility of the Android system and the price.

So there you have it... If in the near future you think about a cell phone (well, with the above mentioned capabilities this is a pocket size laptop) you may wanna take a look at this phone.

Thanks for reading

I don`t make things. I make things better !

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses