The Asian Watch Forum

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

OT resurrected X-34 plane to return

November 27 2010 at 1:07 PM
No score for this post

(Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 67.230.154.210

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

well, so th CEO of Omega hinted in an interview here in Japan...

No score for this post
November 27 2010, 2:55 PM 

that a new? updated movement will be made for the X-34.....but many aren't holding their breath until they see it....

The original 1666 caliber dates back to the early 1980s with a dress model containing the 1666 quartz mvt. I can imagine Omega tweaking and updating it. All the other tested multifunctions would remain the same, as would the case design IMO, saving Omega more research costs. Likely a few cosmetic changes would be applied though.

Meanwhile, that British entrepeneur fellow (Brandon?) who had started his own VIRGIN commercial airplane company is now in the news about commercial space travel flights! This idea is hinted in your link! For far thinking guys, the moon could likely be the target planet for future colonization.

An X-34 watch, if materialized and produced by Omega, would likely retail around $3600usd, one poster thought. The original X-33 Gen1 retailed for $2600usd in 1998.

So, Dave, start saving for an X-33!! I am tracking used ones haha! There are now 3 on the Japan auctions: Gen1 and a Gen2 model......

(Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster

I know, I seen your posted links.

No score for this post
November 27 2010, 3:32 PM 

Selling market sucks. Giving away my stuff and no takers.haha. sad.gif

(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

I know!.....usually Japanese don't like big watches....

No score for this post
November 27 2010, 3:41 PM 

so the X-33s remain unbidded !....sure wish I had more funds unlimited and would hoard the X-33s haha and flip for profit hehehe!

Current Topic - OT resurrected X-34 plane to return
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF