The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

Aha....... I found the Bulova I was looking for!

December 19 2010 at 5:35 PM
No score for this post

Rene~  (Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 70.234.20.129

well.......... the trip to the Mall wasnt as 1/2 bad as I thought it would be! Despite the constant drizzle, cold and wind we were lucky to get a close spot by the entrance, make our way in and the Wife somehow in record time got her shopping done! happy.gif
I of course while there had to go look for that Bulova I had seen and I found it!!!!
Here it is......... plain, simple unpretentious and MUCH nicer in person.
It's 38mm diameter but looks more like 40mm due to it being all dial and it has a GORGEOUS shimmery pattern Silver dial!
Measures a nifty 7mm thickness.
THIS one would look absolutely stunning on a Honey Croc band.
[linked image]
BTW........ price was pretty good as well....... $199.00 on sale for $179.00 and I have a Macys $25.00 Gift cert that I can also apply to it bringing it down even further to: $154.00

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
GeorgeRado
(Login GeorgeRado)
AWF Approved Poster

Hey Rene, I've been looking at this model but I haven't

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 5:57 PM 

seen it in person. I've been thinking exactley as you, putting it
on a nice honey brown strap.
I've only seen it on-line so I've hesitated. Is it one of those
really thin quartz type watches?
I'm hoping it has a little thickness to the case.
If you pick it up, post some pics.

GeorgeRado
(Login GeorgeRado)
AWF Approved Poster

here is is on-line......

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 6:05 PM 

http://www.discountwatchstore.com/Bulova-96A115-Mens-Dress-Duet-Watch_p_17544.html

I tried this one on and liked it. It was fairly thin but I really liked the simplicity of it and the nice classic lines. Great for a casual/dress watch. Not sure which one I should get.

http://www.jomashop.com/bulova-casual-96b120.html

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

the 96b120 is a nice watch .......................more....................

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 6:43 PM 

and it too is very thin but the date is SO, SO tiny you can barely see it.
The 96a115 I like is absolutely GORGEOUS in person and like I mentioned before it has a shimmery SILVER dial...NOT white like most of the ADS on the NET state.
It is indeed VERY thin which kinda turned me off a bit (ads claim it to be only 6mm ) but once I strapped that beauty on..... the thinness did not bother me at all! With a Honey Croc band on it...... it would be an ABSOLUTE knockout watch!!

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

I'd get the date version, even though Rene says it is a tiny window...

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 8:08 PM 

sometimes you need to know the date and having it handy is nice! even if you have to draw the watch to within 10 inches of your nose! hehehe!

Ancre-Steam
(Login Ancre-Steam)

Don't you have a cell phone?

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 8:11 PM 

You can always call someone and ask them what the date is wink.gif

I have to agree though; I find the date more desireable than nothing and better than day and date...when I get to the point where I have to check to see what day it is; I'll be retired and won't give a darn wink.gif

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

yup..always have in my Tilley vest but only for emergency calls....

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 8:25 PM 

and if really needed for time telling...BUT I'm still old world and seldom think of checking the cellphone for time! hahaha!

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

The date window on the 2nd. model .....................

No score for this post
December 19 2010, 9:18 PM 

almost looks as if Bulova put it there as an afterthought! As mentioned, it/s SO small it looks out of place! Simplicity was the look I was looking for and the 96a115 is about as simple as one can get! happy.gif

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

well, then, you chose the right one...very clean dial look! nt

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 1:17 AM 

nt

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

Re: well, then, you chose the right one...very clean dial look! nt

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 1:22 AM 

You know..............I never even noticed it until just now....... mine has no seconds hand!

Catalin
(Login xdesk)
AWF Approved Poster

Looks nice and elegant!

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 2:29 AM 

However I wonder how the contrast on the hands is.

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

Contrast on the hands are actually quite good..............

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 12:41 PM 

and time is very easy to tell!
I wish I could explain better how the texture of the Dial is because I have never seen a watch dial like that before!
The ONLY thing bothering me a bit about the watch is it's slimness...... it's only 6.3mm thick! The watch is obviously meant to be a "dress" watch but I dont "dress fancy" so it would be a "sport" watch for me!

In looking around a bit more I found it on-line at a substantial savings over the dept. store price even at their discount prices! I still think that with a Honey Croc strap the watch would look superb! The watch as mentioned is 38mm and takes a 20mm strap so other then the slimness it does have a good presence on the wrist!

sharkfin Dave
(Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster

Nice, I like it. ;) nt

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 1:12 PM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement