The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

Omega Polaris chrono 1980s found for sale ....

February 14 2011 at 3:26 AM
No score for this post
T. Bond Wong  (Login thianwong)
Founding Member
from IP address 121.84.172.177

in Japan...gorgeous, the chrono version of my basic Polaris. Serviced last year, replaced crown.....should I???? hahaha....hmmmm...what can I sell off..?

"[linked image]"

"[linked image]"

MY basic quartz model found here back in 2003....

"[linked image]"

This message has been edited by thianwong from IP address 121.84.172.177 on Feb 14, 2011 3:31 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jaques DeNeilo(AqualandKing)
(Login theneilo1)
AWF Approved Poster

Thian now theres an Omega i really Like..>>>>

No score for this post
February 14 2011, 6:25 AM 

That Case is just stunning...Nothing like a little Bling.

Theneilo uk

[linked image]

T Blingmeister
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

yes, Neil, the Polaris line was all quartz, starting in the 1980s when

No score for this post
February 14 2011, 7:06 AM 

Seiko began to produce quartz watches and nearly decimated the Euro watch market. The Polaris line was Omega's quartz line. There were many variations of dial colors and bracelets (SS or gold/SS). The beauty of the gold is that it is INLAID and not plated! Form factor is slimness and the curved links can still be found in the current PO line.

This chrono has the champagne dial. Your new Bond chrono would be the big Brother version! haha! If I decide to get it, it would be a very nice match for my basic model, which is only 34mm wide. The chrono is 41mm !

poywatch
(Login saykobro)
Founding Member

I like those. I have had a couple of them through the years. Always

No score for this post
February 14 2011, 1:32 PM 

admired the yellow or pink gold inlays.

Boomtown
Explode

sharkfin Dave
(Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster

Cool, retro, with some TRON highlites ;) nt

No score for this post
February 14 2011, 5:21 PM 

Axel
(Login Axel66)
AWF Approved Poster

Would be a nice addition, but I prefer your 3 hand version ..

No score for this post
February 14 2011, 5:41 PM 

the gold dial of the chrono takes away too much attention from the nice golden case inlays, imho.

Cheers,

Axel

T. Bond Wong
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

tend to agree, after thinking about it and having it on my

No score for this post
February 14 2011, 5:56 PM 

computer screen to contemplate...the champagne dial is very cosmetically nice ....but I'm inclined to like darker dials for fast reading...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF