The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

new old kinetic from Japan

May 12 2011 at 12:33 PM
No score for this post

sharkfin Dave  (Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 67.230.154.29

Seiko 5M23-6B40 kinetic air diver

Hey guys, just got this funky kinetic from the motherland.
I was captivated by the interesting dial, funky indices & bezel there.

This kinetic is running well and the 72hr power reserve is giving that and a little more.

Its not a big watch, 40mm case all titanium case/bracelet.

This early kinetic as most of these were signified by AGS instead of the common kinetic print.

The watch dial has an interesting color as in sunlight or flash, the dial is a glimmers a deep blue hue.
When I first seen a pic it was a bright blue.
But when I received it, I thought it was black due to the subdued lighting I had available.
So depending on the lighting, this dial does take on its own spectral character.

Some typical wabi on the case, bracelet and bezel, and the crystal has some minor scratches.

I find it a very interesting piece, I'm guessing it may be a JDM watch.
Having a short power reserve on the kinetic is a little challenging due to long rotational existing group.

This may be a catch & release, but it was nice to get in to take her for a spin.

Glad you stopped by and had a look. wink.gif

cheers.
Dave.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
TBlingster
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

nice version AGS ..had 2 of them....I still see one or two for sale

No score for this post
May 12 2011, 5:50 PM 

sometimes in my usual haunts....

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF