The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

Totally OT question.......

July 12 2011 at 4:50 PM
No score for this post

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 71.128.196.173

in Canada with the health care the way it is does one need a r/x to purchase Anti-biotics or are they available over the counter such as in Mexico where no r/x is needed?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

As far as I know, YES, in Canada you do need the doc's prescription

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 5:20 PM 

to renew antibiotics...at least I used to have to...if you lost or forgot your prescription, the drugstore pharmacist could phone your doc's office to confirm it.....

In the old days, I think the law stipulated that a certified pharmacist HAD to be on premises of , say SAFEWAY or other corner drugstores! Back in the 60s etc, my half brother was a Shoppers Drugmart manager, and the resident pharmacist was the store boss!..who could over-rule my brother's ideas on marketing products in his store etc.....and not to sound racist, but he told me that most pharmacists back then were Jewish!!! Of course, this comment was anecdotal.....I had no proof of that statement!

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

How about in Japan? n/t

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 5:24 PM 

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

Yes, in Japan we need a prescription but..here it is very capitalistic..

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 5:42 PM 

doctors are allowed to prescribe and give out their prescription from their OWN supply!! In Canada, you need to go to a drugstore pharmacy section! We save our receipts and the wife declares them as writeoffs each tax end year. Or you can take your prescription to any pharmacist here...If you pay your yearly health cost, you get 70% discount, you pay only 30%....same for dental bills. But the government here will likely in the future reduce that percentage and make the user pay more! Consumption tax is now only 5% but the government wants to up that to over 10% within 2 years to try and offset the horrendous national deficit! The USA is right behind Japan in gross national debt!!!

Isthmus
(Login Isthmus)
AWF Approved Poster

Technically they are required in mexico too...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 5:34 PM 

Pharmacies just tend to look the other way and the law rarely enforces the rule.

[linked image]
GO HOKIES

Current Topic - Totally OT question.......
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF