The Asian Watch Forum

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

Speaking of U.S. ......................................... >>>>

July 12 2011 at 6:09 PM
No score for this post

(Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 24.141.131.230

............. >>> how are things there with this debt issue???

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I hear in the radio that the "due date" is August the 2nd??? Holy Moly!!! I wouldn`t be able to pay my credit card till then ...

I don`t make things. I make things better !

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

wow ...cool site, Leslie.....world wide debt countries expanding...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 6:23 PM 

You have read about Greece! and Portugal! The UK is not far behind....the EU is scared crapless.....Greek people are now protesting and violence is popping up? will this spread!!??  Very troubling world debt times.......Japan is right in there too! But the common person here has no idea how indebted Japan is! Kan, the current PM, and who will be most likely removed soon, built his initial platform on this huge debt prob...but was reprimanded for ...basically being too realistic!!!! He was the former PM's Finance Minister!

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

I was going to start a post about the very same thing except...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 7:25 PM 

I was remembering that we were told not to start any Political discussions lest the Troll Police report us...... however........
Obama saying that us recipients of S/S (and others such as VA benefits, Nedicare etc) can NOT be guaranteed that we will get our August 3rd. checks is enough to start an up-rising here in the U.S.
WTF are people who rely on their benefits as the ONLY means of income that they have coming in supposed to do IF they dont get paid???
Whats that idiot trying to accomplish......... put 100s of 1000s of people under bridges because they dont have any money to pay their rent or to force people to steal just so they can have something to eat??
This guy pisses me off more and more and more each and every day he remains in office! HE NEEDS TO BE IMPEACHED before he ruins the entire Country!!

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

What usually happens in the USA, eventually comes to Japan..as

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 7:59 PM 

the two countries are rather tied-at-the-hip...so to speak. What Japan has uniquely is the rapid graying population! And this means more probs for the health and wealthfare sector!  Soon, 1/3 of  Japan will be over 65!You watch here...cost of medical care will rise, consumption tax will rise up to 15% or more...

We have always heard about not enough pension funds in national coffers recently...I remember how Canada during the GST time , generally stated, collected this national added tax and stuffed it into a general revenue pot! so they could dip in and spend whereever they wanted! They probably stole enough from Canada Pension! haha!

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

Rising costs is a given...........

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 8:03 PM 

have you ever seen anything go down in price?
Setting that all aside I still want to know how he has the outright audacity to make the statement that there may not be any checks going out on the 3rd.
Whats he expect retired people to do if they dont get their money?????

Michael in Texas
(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

Because it is ....

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 8:18 PM 

.... a very REAL possibility. Folks need to put ideologies aside and deal with some reality. Aug 2nd is the date and it is for REAL.

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

So I'll ask again...........

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 8:23 PM 

if it is REAL how are people whose sole form of income is S/S or whatever going to pay their bills, rent or put food on the table???

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

Ask the idiots in DC, they have ...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 8:33 PM 

.... ALL the answers. Remember, we now live in the United Corporation of America and what is good for bidness is good for all happy.gif ( as always there will be some collateral damage but hey, it will alow those REAL TRUE Amaricans to win out. Since 1933 their's been a group of folks who've wanted to get rid of this "communist social welfare" and they are pretty near doing it. ) Onward thru the Fog happy.gif

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

Not one to get into detailed arguments, but I suspect Michael is closer to

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 8:50 PM 

the truth than we care to admit. Japan is no different!!! ALL the top previous PMinisters have family rich tie connections..the old boys Klub of course. The Sendai reactors electrical company TEPCO, for years 'in like Flint' with the previous governments, got  billion YEN loans to cover the massive legal suits against them. TEPCO has billions of YEN in assets! It is the same around the world, sorry to say...power corrupts absolutely.

What is one to do??? We ordinary citizens are left ...or will be left to fend for ourselves...

(Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster

So then ....................................... >>>>

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 9:17 PM 

.......... >>> Aug 3rd is when the world will collapse? Up-rising? Holy Moly... sounds more serious than the media reports. whatever it will be, It will affect the whole world. Country after country - since the financial market is tide together. i can hear those "conspiracy theorist" saying: I TOLD YOU SO....

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

Not so dramatic as that! but long term projections seem to indicate

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 9:27 PM 

a demoralization of nearly all modern societies, The EU is under crazy stress! Debt, wars ( Libya!..maybe Syria...the north African movement for more democracies etc). Then there is Asia and what to do with N. Korea. China is advancing and modernizing the old SILK ROAD trade route and investing billions in that direction, with countries along that route...into Turkey, etc etc....Water shortages are now a main focus for Vietnam, Nepal, India etc...as China erects dams from the Himalayan rivers!.....not a pretty global picture.

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

Everything will culminate in Decemeber of 2012...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 10:10 PM 

and only true WISs will survive.

Scammers, conmen, thieves and trolls will all be trampled in the stampede wink.gif

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Michael in Texas
(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

We are seeing nothing more than the ....

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 10:14 PM 

... natural progression of society's. It all started in the Far East over 1000 years ago and has been marching West ever since. Each period has lasted proportionatly to the level of technology available at the time and we are witnessing the completion of the circle back to the Far East. Won't be completed in my lifetime, but probably by the time my great grandchildren arrive it's possible. And all that we prize as important now will be different then. Like WATER,which will become the MOST EXPENSIVE item we consume leaving gasoline and such in it's wake. Onward thru the Fog happy.gif

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

They will either have to turn to crime or ...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 10:06 PM 

stake out a doorway on main street with the other homeless people sad.gif

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

The USA was ruined long before Obama came to power or...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 10:05 PM 

was elected as the puppet of the real controlling power, the FED.

Obama has no more power to change anything than you or I do. He is not in control sad.gif

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

At least when Clinton was President..........

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 10:34 PM 

the economy was flourishing, no off the wall defecits like now and there were PLENTY of jobs going around!
It CAN be done but certainly NOT the way Obammy wants to do it!
This idiot needs to be impeached and the sooner the better!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and BTW,,,,,,,,,, where the hell is Biden all this time?

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

You seem to think Obama has some sort of control on the economy...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 10:45 PM 

he has no more control than did Bush or Clinton or any of the Presidents back to 1913.

since that time, all governments have been nothing more than than mouth pieces and puppets of their controllers. It makes no difference to the money people who gets voted in; they control them all.

Obama is just the latest dupe sad.gif

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

I rest my case....

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 10:48 PM 

.... the CORECT name for the former US is as I stated earlier "....the United Corporation of America" and has been that way since BEFORE I was born happy.gif

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

Most 'democratic' countries are in the same boat...

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 11:00 PM 

and not a single one of them is really democratic sad.gif

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

When it all starts to get to me I hum Bertolt Brechts....

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 11:03 PM 

.... song from his "Three Penny Opera", "Money makes the World Go Roun" happy.gif

(Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster

The "flourishing" part ............................. >>>>

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 11:05 PM 

............. >>> is the illusion. The "debt" part is the reality. And the reality was growing from one administration to another. Obama may not do things right but he inhereted all that from the previous administration - who, lets not forget, started a war against .... who????? And that war cost how much over the years????

For a detail price on the war, check out this link:

http://costofwar.com/en/

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

you should correctly say ....

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 11:11 PM 

.... " from previous ADMINISTRATIONS..." as it ALL started WAAAAAY before the last admin. Each previous one has added it's little piece so that we are looking at one of those cascading dominoe layouts as all the dominoes fall against one another in a pattern. Don't really know whether we are in the middle or near the end but the dominoes are still falling happy.gif

(Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster

You are right ............................ >>>>

No score for this post
July 12 2011, 11:41 PM 

.......... I should have use plural - administration$ !!! I suppose we`ll all find out on Aug 2nd where we all are in the domino`s fall...

Current Topic - Speaking of U.S. ......................................... >>>>
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF