The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

Michael, USA lost in the shootout.....sorry, buddy! :))....

July 17 2011 at 5:26 PM
No score for this post
  (Login thianwong)
Founding Member
from IP address 121.84.174.55

Kinda lousy way to lose for any team...but it was 2-2 tied at regular game end.....so drink those Japanese beers and cool off in your horrid summer heat! happy.gif))) and I'll go get some Bud too!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login mario_d)
AWF Approved Poster

congrats to the japanese team...

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 6:06 PM 

it was a fantastic game imho! A real pleasure to watch!

(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

Indeed, when you think that the tallest Japanese player is only my size

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 6:32 PM 

of 5'8", they sure played well against the taller USA gals!

Michael in Texas
(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

Congratulations... now I have to find some Japanese Beer ....

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 6:25 PM 

.... and raise my blood sugar happy.gif I did not see it ( it was not on broadcast TV over here and I don't have cable or satilite TV, costs to much happy.gif ) but heard it was a GOOD game ! Your little ladies whuuuped our butt happy.gif

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

no butt wupping in that game...back and forth scoring thriller....

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 6:31 PM 

shootouts are an ugly way to win IMO ..but it was a fun game to watch , as above Mario post said....

I lieu of any Japanese beer you can toast any non-alcoholic beer if you dare! hehehe!

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

No, i haven't had a beer in almost 4 years so in this heat...

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 6:48 PM 

,,, (was 103 again today up here in N. Texas) a cold one will be good. I might not drink it all, but will follow thru with the bet happy.gif ( there is a Liquer store down the way which sells imported beer by the single can so I won't have to get a 6-pack.) watch out next year ! Onward thru the Fog happy.gif

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

Holy smoke! I thought I was doing good...

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 7:20 PM 

I haven't had a beer in over 4 minutes wink.gif

It's good that you have the conviction and interest in your well being that you don't tempt the fates happy.gif

Since I have no medical issues, I will take up any slack left by those who care more about their earthly stay wink.gif

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

I still want to meet up with you again and hit the local pub for

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:01 PM 

a brewski and a lunch burger! haha!

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

They now have non-stop flights from Tokyo to DFW...

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:15 PM 

... I believe. Just let me know when you expect to arrive !! I know of a few GOOD burger joints here in town 'cept they don't serve beer but do have BIG glasses of Iced Tea happy.gif We're in the South ya know happy.gif

This message has been edited by monbla256 from IP address 70.247.175.148 on Jul 17, 2011 8:15 PM

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

hmmm...interesting to know! one day!!! but not during that heat wave! nt

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:29 PM 

nt

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

Burgers is mo impotent than beer ;>)

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:46 PM 

I remember BBQ burger places in my Texas travels...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good!

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

We raise LOTS of beef down here....

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:50 PM 

.... and Burgers and Brisket are almost an official food here happy.gif

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

Ah yes...I remeber well my trips to ....

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 9:16 PM 

The Brisket Barn happy.gif

All you can eat BBQ'd brisket on an asortment of buns and a mile long salad bar!

If I'm remembering right; it was within 20 minutes of Irving, south and east of DFW. Even if my memory fails on the locale, it was defintely not too far from DFW happy.gif

(Login Ancre-Steam)
Founding Member

I'm not going anywhere soon ;>)

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:45 PM 

Drop by whenever you're in town and I will make sure I'm available for the OP WIS meet #3 happy.gif

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

Well, you don't have to stand on ceremony...drink whatever

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:00 PM 

you like and toast to the great game! happy.gif

Today it is a cooler 28C with some showers...Typhoon season and one incoming soon......so will be wet and windy.

(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

You need to get an Akubra to keep your noggin dry....

No score for this post
July 17 2011, 8:11 PM 

.... during that Typhoon season happy.gif Here's an example that would look good on ya and would shade your face and keep your glasses dry! It's called the Stylemaster and is an Acorn Fawn color. You can get 'em from David Morgan up in Seattle or from Hats Direct in OZ.

stylemaster

BTW, send some of that moisture down our way we can sure use it! We've only had rain for about a week back in March and it was in July the year before that!

This message has been edited by monbla256 from IP address 70.247.175.148 on Jul 17, 2011 8:18 PM

Thian
(Login thianwong)
Founding Member

would love that hat! right now tis pouring rain from the coming

No score for this post
July 18 2011, 6:22 AM 

typhoon weather...yes, you guys are really getting hit with the heat! global warming??

Michael in Texas
(Login monbla256)
AWF Approved Poster

More correctly...

No score for this post
July 18 2011, 9:19 AM 

... it's global CLIMATE CHANGE happy.gif

Current Topic - Michael, USA lost in the shootout.....sorry, buddy! :))....
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement