The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

New in, one of the rarer Citizen vintage chronos....

April 22 2012 at 5:20 PM
No score for this post
  (Login Sweephand)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 81.97.63.123

the single sub-dial chronographs that use the 8100 movement are less well known and therefore less seen than the two sub-register 8110s (typically seen in the 'bullhead'). And usually Citizen gave them a model number, as in the bullhead, which is 67-9011. But two of the chrono range didn't get a model number for some reason, and this 8100 is one of them - so it has to go by its case number, 4-900014:

[linked image]

These models were only in production for a few years in the early to mid-1970s - serial # shows production in May 1972:

[linked image]

One of the enjoyable things about collecting old citizens is digging out examples of these rarer pieces, added to which is the quality of them - high beat, hand wind, and flyback.....

Stephen

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Phil Sinclair
(Login philsinclair)
AWF Approved Poster

Citizen

No score for this post
April 23 2012, 2:23 AM 

Hi. Mine is Black faced and from June 1970.

Cheers Phil

(Login Sweephand)
AWF Approved Poster

Is yours the same model Phil? /nt

No score for this post
April 23 2012, 5:04 PM 

Phil Sinclair
(Login philsinclair)
AWF Approved Poster

No score for this post
April 23 2012, 5:08 PM 

Hi mate. Identical except head only - no bracelet. Cheers Phil

(Login time_watcher)
AWF Approved Poster

Vintage Citizen watches.........

No score for this post
April 23 2012, 3:42 PM 

are totally cool! The ONLY problem with them is that finding replacement parts is a MAJOR PITA if at all even possible!
That's why I gave up buying them or even trying anymore as I know the chances of getting parts is just about ZERO! sad.gif

(Login Sweephand)
AWF Approved Poster

yep, parts are not exactly easy to find! ....

No score for this post
April 23 2012, 5:04 PM 

...donor watches are prety well the only way to go if parts are needed..

Stephen

(Login philsinclair)
AWF Approved Poster

Citizen

No score for this post
April 23 2012, 5:10 PM 

Hi. Notice that the 150m divers are starting to get pricey. Cheers Phil

Jeje
(Login Jeje3325)
AWF Approved Poster

This one is real ugly...

No score for this post
April 23 2012, 8:33 PM 

I'll do ya a favor, send it to me
I'll make it disappear

Such a nice guy happy.gif

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

(Login Sweephand)
AWF Approved Poster

that's very good of you to offer, but .......

No score for this post
April 24 2012, 3:18 AM 

it really is too ugly to inflict on anyone aa nice as you, so I'd better keep it and hide it away happy.gif

Jeje
(Login Jeje3325)
AWF Approved Poster

so much kindness...

No score for this post
April 24 2012, 8:33 PM 

This must be WIS paradise

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

Current Topic - New in, one of the rarer Citizen vintage chronos....
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF