The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

Vintage Citizen Jet Family Tree

June 20 2012 at 6:00 PM
No score for this post
  (Login Sweephand)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 81.97.63.123

Just published a family tree on my blog for the Jet automatics made by Citizen in the early to mid 1960s. Find it here:http://sweep-hand.org/

Stephen

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Chascomm
(Login Chascomm_)
Chinese Watch Guru

There's more in that list than I suspected...

No score for this post
June 20 2012, 10:56 PM 

Why is the hand winder thicker than the auto?

And why are there date and no-date variants of identical thickness?

(Login Sweephand)
AWF Approved Poster

Movement Thicknesses

No score for this post
June 21 2012, 3:03 PM 

hope this answers your question Chascomm:

031 / 032 / 034 - all versions are plain dialed automatics (no date / day), 4.70mm thick

112 / 113 / 115 - all versions are automatics with date only, 5.00mm thick

116 / 117 - all versions are automatics with date only, and 'easy change' quickset mechanism, 5.34mm thick

4000 - all versions are handwinders with date and day, 5.15mm

410 / 411 / 412 / 413 - all versions are automatics with date and day, 6.39mm thick (Easy Change models - 411's same thickness)

Although the 4000/4100 movement was produced later it was a thicker design than the 031/2 & 11xx movements.

There's a summary of the Jets which shows the no date / day / date variations here:http://sweep-hand.org/the-jet-automatic/

Stephen

Chascomm
(Login Chascomm_)
Chinese Watch Guru

Thanks for that...

No score for this post
June 21 2012, 11:26 PM 

So as I understand it the greater the number of features in the calendar mechanism, the thicker the calendar module.  Hence the hand-winding day/date being thicker than some of the automatics.

(Login Sweephand)
AWF Approved Poster

Movement Schematics now available....

No score for this post
June 24 2012, 4:45 AM 

I've added three 'exploded' views of the movement to my blog page on the Jet Automatics:http://sweep-hand.org/the-jet-automatic/

Stephen

Current Topic - Vintage Citizen Jet Family Tree
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF