The Asian Watch Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror;

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

What's the latest on Seagull 1963 chronos?

August 14 2012 at 12:53 AM
No score for this post

Jeff C  (Login jeffc67)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 205.250.163.238

Hi Guys,
I've been off the forums for a while, but nice to see most of you are still here.

I've gone on a bit of a mil watch kick and am being pulled back toward the Seagull 1935 air force chrono, especially with the exhibition case back. I tried one of Mark's on a couple years back over a beer, and it felt too small, but maybe I've matured and maybe tastes are changing...

I seem to recall a number of versions and a few different places to get them. Does anyone have the latest intel on the best place to go and the best one to pick up?

Thanks - Jeff C

ps. in North Vancouver, now, happy to meet up for a beer and watches should anyone be near my local pub (Black Bear, Lynn Valley)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ancre-Steam
(Login Ancre-Steam)

Hi Jeff...

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 10:15 AM 

Have a look through this thread; it has all the trusted sellers...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/seagull-1963-reissue-available-seagull-hk-directly-420653-28.html#post3143797

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Jeff C
(Login jeffc67)
AWF Approved Poster

Thanks...

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 1:47 PM 

Thanks for that, Pete!

Have you still got that Pulsar RAF chrono - as I recall it was the one I bought from Will Jean and sold to Rich O... Been thinking about adding another of those to the box as well!

Cheers - Jeff C

Ancre-Steam
(Login Ancre-Steam)

No; it's now in EdH's collection.

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 3:07 PM 

It's a chrono and no matter how much I tried; it just wouldn't grow on me.
Ed traded me a nice Aeromatic bombardier or rocketeer watch that not only gets worn but is one of my favourite mil style pieces happy.gif

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Ancre-Steam
(Login Ancre-Steam)

This is what Ed traded me...

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 8:43 PM 

[linked image]

and I get almost as much wear out of it as Ed does the Pulsar happy.gif

EdH
(Login clavin3389)
AWF Approved Poster

Hi Jeff, welcome back! Yes, I LOVE the RAF Chrono (more)>>>>

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 6:40 PM 

and I was able to acquire an old style aviator leather strap, on which it is now mounted. Needless to day, it's one of my favorite watches and get's plenty of wrist time.

Here's are some pix of it on the aviator:
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks for asking...and don't be a stranger! By the way, the Vostok pix in my signature is a Russian Air Force Commanders watch, which is a mechanical winder and a stunning watch

Photobucket

This message has been edited by clavin3389 from IP address 98.69.141.178 on Aug 14, 2012 6:42 PM

Jeff C
(Login jeffc67)
AWF Approved Poster

Nice!

No score for this post
August 16 2012, 7:30 PM 

Cheers, Ed, and thanks for the warm welcome back.

Glad she found a good home. I don't think I ever quite found the right strap for it. It's interesting how many times that happens. I always hoped that RAF bund pad would make it all work... but it didn't do it for me.

Great value, great history in the RAF chrono design, great watch!

Cheers - Jeff C

EdH
(Login clavin3389)
AWF Approved Poster

Thanks, Jeff, for the kind words. (more)>>>>>

No score for this post
August 17 2012, 12:08 AM 

I really like the watch. To me, this old style aviator strap is the PERFECT strap for this watch. It really gives it the "pilot" watch look. Yes, it has found a good home. LOVE IT!

Photobucket

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF