The Asian Watch Forum

AWF Sales and Trading Post.. AWF Resources Forum.. Watch Reviews Forum.. Orient Watches Info Page..

Sea-Gull Watches Info Page.. Watch Collection and Picture Forum.. Universal Currency Converter.... The AWF Cafe...

Chinese Watches Info Page... The AWF Flea Market... Watch Deal References Forum...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF  

Something new, something different ..........................>>>

August 15 2012 at 10:09 PM
No score for this post

(Login LES2900)
AWF Approved Poster
from IP address 24.141.155.172

..........>>>>>> Been debating for a while now to get me a watch that`s somewhat different. Different is good. So... as it is now a days with almost everything touch screen, I went for a touch sensitive watch. As usual, there aren`t too many touch sensitive watches to choose from: Tissot has its T-Touch that`s a bit over my budget even as a used watch... then there is the Appple Ipod nano that in fact is a MP3 player but you can purchase a wrist strap and transform the MP3 player into a wrist watch - not a bad idea but... there is no water resistance and every so ofter you have to recharge it via USB cable. Then there is Kenneth Cole.... Didn`t think before I would get into designer watches but some of the designer watches are worth their price tag.

I`ll save some time but skipping the unwrapping moment...
So, here is Kenneth Cole brand with its touch screen watch.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Yeap! its a negative display LCD watch. I used to own a couple of Casios a few years back with negaive LCD and I wasn`t very impressed. Now I said I`ll give it another shot to the negative display and I can say that I`m pretty impressed with this one.

[linked image]

The SS brushed with mirror polished edges measures about 44mm. It is about 10mm thick. On the upper right side of the case there is a one single push button. The only thing it does it unlocks the touch screen when pushed.

[linked image]

so... you push the button. A beep sound confirms the action and now you can activate various features of the watch by touching either one of the 4 corners of the black and extremly shinny flat cristal. If the cristal is left untouched for 10 seconds, the watch beeps once and it locks the cristal so that you can`t change modes by accidentaly touching the cristal.

[linked image]

The SS case back is polished to a high mirror shine.

[linked image]

This model came on a tappered black polyurethane strap. Extremly soft and comfortable on the wrist, it blends in well with the case. Other models have white or blue polyurethane strap or SS bracelet.

Now some of the features...
The main screen will show DAY, MONTH and DATE. Below will be HOURS, MINUTES and SECONDS. The bottom row on the display will show various info depending on the selected mode. In the main screen mode the home city will be displayed on the right bottom and on the left bottom icons will be present is aditional feature are running in the background.

[linked image]

World Time in more cities than you would need...
[linked image]

Alarm. This is an alarm that puts to shame many brand name watches. It lasts aprox 30 secs and it is LOUD !!!
[linked image]

Chrono. Plain and simple. Start stop and reset
[linked image]

Countdown Timer. It has two settings: stop when reach "0" or restart when reach "0"
[linked image]

To make any settings on the watch, push the unlock button, select the mode (TIME, ALARM, TIMER) then hold your finger on the screen untill the digits starts flashing. Pretty straight forward.
[linked image]

I must admit that, with this watch, I had one of the most challenging picture taking "sessions"... All the shine and the highly polished surfaces made it somewhat difficult to focus on the watch instead of the reflection.
In closing here is a wrist shot .....
[linked image]

.......of course followed by the "lume shot".
[linked image]

That`s all folks, thanks for watching

I don`t make things. I make things better !

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

saykobro
(Login saykobro)
Founding Member

That is quite nice indeed. Love those touch screen K.C.'s.

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 11:27 PM 

Explode
Boomtown

(Login sharkfinDave)
AWF Approved Poster

I like that!

No score for this post
August 18 2012, 9:23 PM 

Very cool pick up!

Touch screen too.

I might have to check out one of these.

Current Topic - Something new, something different ..........................>>>
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the AWF