Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Re: Seriously...
    • Valerie (no login)
      Posted Nov 5, 2009 7:55 AM

Argh. It looks like Colosseum is misspelled all through the manuscript. Which is weird, because I could swear I fixed that. Thanks for pointing that out, Emma.

You do realize that the Order of Reddimus is my own creation, right? All that stuff I'm saying about that being church doctrine is made up. So it's not a case of lack of research. It's invention.

Still: (just an example) "That she shares both her name and her feast day with those of the earlier pagan goddess Brigid may indicate that Saint Brigid is partially or entirely a fictional creation based on the pagan figure in order to convert Celts to Christianity; the euhemerization of pagan figures and tradition was a common practice of Christian missionaries. However the saint may merely have been named after the goddess. Given the struggle Christian missionaries faced in their efforts to preach the Gospel in Ireland, even though they Christianized some elements, the adoption of a pagan goddess into the Communion of Saints may have been an effort to Christianize one of the most enduring pagan goddesses.

Brigid's festival was Imbolc, February 1st, a time of the very earliest stirrings of spring and the lengthening of the days. In some Christian traditions the day is called Candlemas, and coincides with the day of purification of the Virgin Mary, marked with a candlelight ceremony" (from wikipedia)
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)