Re: I know what you are going through

by Cindy

You are doing all of the right things and this advice is excellent. You are so right about not "fixing her" and giving her the space she needs to feel what she is feeling. It's so hard. My family is just over a year out of disclosure, my daughter is 7. Our lives were turned upside down over this. But it's been a year of hard work, a year of us keeping on, continuing to breathe and move forward each day. It was impossible to do that at first. It's easier now. it takes so much time and so much effort and a lot of it is just letting ourselves experience it and process it.

People who aren't going through CSA just don't understand. They can't understand. And sometimes I feel so alone in this and angry. That's when I come here, because unfortunately, you all know, and there is comfort in "talking" to other people who know. And in supporting other people who know.

My heart goes out to you. We WILL overcome this. We, not our kids, not us, will be victims, but survivors and more amazing and stronger in the end. I will pray for you as and your daughter.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011, 9:50 AM
from IP address 12.157.59.194

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Re: I know what you are going through. Mariah, Sep 16, 2011, 10:12 PM

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement