Sleep Problems

by Dee

I will second the dog suggestion. I actually got a dog at the suggestion of her first counselor and the dog is now trained to go up to bed with my 8 year old. Our dog will lay in bed with her until she is asleep and then sneak back downstairs. Other things that might help:

Checking windows and doors before going to bed so she can feel safe.

Magic Spell....my daughter was 3 when she disclosed so this sounds juvenile...but every night we say the same magic window spell to keep 'bad guys' out. If I forget to do it she will remind me so even now at 8 years old she feels some kind of safety from it.

Dream Catcher....you know the native American dream catchers that are supposed to catch the bad dreams before they start. It is an indian legend but I know another mom who has used it for this reason.

A flashlight in bed. My daughter has the kind that she has to squeeze to operate....so that way when she falls asleep and relaxes the light goes off. (Saves on batteries)

Maybe a Walkie Talkie so she can reach you anywhere you are in the house.

Perhaps a sound machine in her room so she doesn't hear every noise/squeek the house makes while she is trying to fall asleep.

Good Luck

Posted on Mar 10, 2012, 12:59 AM
from IP address 68.102.112.75

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement