Daughter sexually abused by brother

by Gilda

Hello I am a 65 yr old widow of 4 yrs and was just recently told by my 40 yr old daughter that my son, her brother, abused her as a child. He is 7 yrs older than her. I dont know how to cope. What do I do? Why did she wait so long? I confronted my son and he denies it. Why would she make it up? I believe her. but I want to believe him. I want it to be not true. I knew she had never been close with him but I just thought it was the age difference. How do i live with this knowledge. Why didnt I see some signs. How do I have a relationship with my son? He recently moved into a house that I own that is just across the street from her. She told me today that she is selling her house and moving because she cannot stand to see him. And that she blames me for letting him move in and resents me for it. I did not know about the sexual abuse when he moved in, she told me after. She said she had had it buried all these yrs and that she could deal with the occasional meeting with him at the holidays but now that she sees his house daily that she cannot handle it. I ask her to go get help but she said no. She just wants to deal with it in her own way and will be ok when she leaves her home. She told me tonight that she blames me for her having to leave her home that she loves. How do I cope with all this. I dont know where to turn for help. I just dont want to live with this anymore. She has already started distancing herself from me. I need help so so bad.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012, 2:42 AM
from IP address 98.93.45.124

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. I feel your pain!. Gilda, Mar 19, 2012, 1:31 PM
  2. Believe. Lillyh, Mar 20, 2012, 10:31 AM

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement