Re: Young children who've been sexually abused

by Laura

Dear Natasha- You are so brave and strong, a real mother bear! You are so doing the right thing for your child. As a victim of sexual abuse as a child and the mom of a daughter who was sexually abused at a young age (4 yrs old) by her own brother ( he was 12) I understand how difficult it can be when the abuser is someone you thought you could trust with your beautiful baby. Your daughter will benefit so much by getting away from that monster and getting the help she needs while she is still young.

My daughter didn't tell us until she was almost 18 and she had been suffering in silence for years. She became very depressed and self-harmed for 3 yrs.
We were able to get our son away from her and us! And she was finally able to begin to heal. One of the most important thing you can do for a victim is to get them away from their abuser(s)! I wish you safety and healing and hope you will be able to find the help that you need. Many rape crisis centers would be able to help you. Please post here again so that we know how you are doing. Warmly, Laura

Posted on Mar 30, 2012, 7:07 PM
from IP address 68.104.24.25

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Laura. , Mar 31, 2012, 9:37 PM

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement